Finished hand controls for paraplegic

/ Finished hand controls for paraplegic #31  
i culd do that, but the way i place the chair would hae one front wheel off the platform to make it close enough, so it isnt a good option.. keeps me strong thiis way. lol

I hear ya :thumbsup:

/ Finished hand controls for paraplegic #32  
Creative- it's great when you can find a way to make things happen. Always feels good to be behind the power of a tractor. Good for you!

/ Finished hand controls for paraplegic #33  
Great video and you sure do have impressive upper body strength.:thumbsup:

/ Finished hand controls for paraplegic
Great video and you sure do have impressive upper body strength.:thumbsup:

I am hoping other cripples see the possibilities given a little imagination and determination. It is well worth the effort.

/ Finished hand controls for paraplegic #35  
I am hoping other cripples see the possibilities given a little imagination and determination. It is well worth the effort.

When I grew up farming, we had a family friend who had lost his left leg above the knee as a child and he worked on our farm driving tractors and other types of work, nothing he couldn't do but run across a freshly plowed field. Our neighbor had been on crutches most of his life, but helped us put up hay by wedging himself against something and using his upper body. My wife's cousin has been in a wheelchair for over fifty years, but still has a steady job though he now works from his home. He had his race car which was just below the midget class set up with hand controls and raced for years until the crashes made his doctor order him out of them. He never has had an interest in tractors, but he has gone off-roading with us and done about everything else he ever wanted to do. I have been lucky to know a lot of inspiring people.

/ Finished hand controls for paraplegic #36  
My hats off to you! Where there is a will there is a way, you are an inspiration to others.

/ Finished hand controls for paraplegic #37  
It sure looks like you have some pretty fine control over the HST with your hand control.

/ Finished hand controls for paraplegic #38  
that is a very impressive bit of work Kooch, thanks for sharing the video.
You are an inspiration to me :thumbsup:- and although I have no mechanical know-how (office jobs), I do have a hobby farm. I appreciated the video showing your efforts of getting on/ off the tractor, as I have some familiarity with those same challenges (cerebral palsy, wheelchair experiences), currently needing to seriously consider a walker for more stability around the property. probably will get an old tractor this year that my wife can use for the bees / yardwork, but for my purposes, my goal is a Kubota B3030 (or similar) in a few yrs. glad I found this thread, I will keep in touch.

/ Finished hand controls for paraplegic
There is another member named Steve, who is also disabled and he created a contraption to get him on and off his much larger tractor. The old adage "where there is a will there is a way" almost always holds true. Good luck and enjoy the 3030, if you get one, great machine. Don't forget to look at the Mahindras, they give a lot of bang for the buck and really are great quality machines.

/ Finished hand controls for paraplegic #40  
Very impressive hand controls and thanks for sharing the video.

Just a word of advice though. I'm not sure how the Mahindra steering is set up under the steering wheel, but on the Massey, they warn against using the steering wheel as a grab handle because it will tear the seals out of the unit. If yours is like that, could you fabricate a grab handle of some sort to minimize any stresses on the steering control box?