Finished hand controls for paraplegic

/ Finished hand controls for paraplegic #1  

kootch88

Platinum Member
Tractor
2012 Mahindra Max 22, JD Stx38, JD Stx46
Just finished the final version of my hand controls. Took an implement handle off of an old Deere and bent it. The shaft fit perfectly on my old shaft so I just ground off the old pipe fitting control and slid this on with a bit of grinding. Painted it up, dipped the handle in rubber four or five times a voila!! Can't wait to try it. The rubber is tacky so I have to wait to test it. It is adjustable DSC_3598.jpgDSC_3599.jpgDSC_3600.jpg because I used set screws to mount it. Should be ideal where it is.

Last edited:
   / Finished hand controls for paraplegic #2  
Excellent job Kootch88. Nice to see that your creativity pays off. I may need to consider hand controls in the future also, but for now I am just considering my tractor purchase. Have a great w/e.

/ Finished hand controls for paraplegic
I've learned a lot in this process, please let me know if you need any suggestions.

This is the modified second version. The first worked well, but this one is higher, looks better, and allows my long legs to fit under it.

/ Finished hand controls for paraplegic #6  
Very cool. Years ago I helped set up a Camaro for a buddy that was paralyzed waist down via motorcycle accident.

I had fun doing the project and even more so seeing the grin on his face during test run.

Do I take it your the paraplegic Ginnie pig in this adaptation ?

Very cool. Years ago I helped set up a Camaro for a buddy that was paralyzed waist down via motorcycle accident.

I had fun doing the project and even more so seeing the grin on his face during test run.

Do I take it your the paraplegic Ginnie pig in this adaptation ?

HHAHAHA Yep, I sure am a "pig" been at it 28 years, MC accident too. I've been making hand controls for things for a long time, this one was actually easier except I don't weld and had to rely other people to do that for me. The first set was 3/4 round stock and pipe fittings to figure out what I really wanted to do. It worked well, but looked lousy and also got in the way of my feet. This solves all problems and also has the advantage of me being able to operate the loader with my forearm as I work the bucket. Major advantage.

I don't weld because my wife will kill me if I run 220 into the garage where I have a full wood shop already, along with 2 huge tool chests! I can't justify the expense of a good welder either, and If I get one, I want gas welding system, not a stick welder. I've done a little at a friend's, but I am crude!!

/ Finished hand controls for paraplegic #10  
Your wife killing you is no excuse,,,, remember,,,,we're behind you man,,,,head on in. Lol. :)