Battery Blanket?

/ Battery Blanket? #1  

rja

Bronze Member
Tractor
L3000dt Kubota
I have read about using a battery blanket to help keep the battery warm in the winter. Sounds like a good idea. Does any one know where to buy these blankets. The auto store told me that they were dealer only items from the auto manufactures. Sounds like he did not really know anything. Thanks, Rich

/ Battery Blanket? #2  
rja,

Around here you can buy them at farm stores. There is a big chain in the midwest called Farm&Fleet that sells them.

Richard

/ Battery Blanket? #3  
I saw them over the Holidays at the local Tractor Supply Comany (TSC) store. I don't remember the price as I wasn't really interested, but I don't think they were very expensive. Might check their web site-they have an on line catalog that is pretty comprehensive.

Bob Pence

/ Battery Blanket? #4  
Try this link. The site is under construction but the down load still works. They carry just about anything imaginable for cold weather starting.
Zerostart

Derek

/ Battery Blanket? #5  
I got mine at a box store--Canadian Tire in this case. I'd be surprised if places like Wal-Mart didn't carry them in areas where the temperature gets near 0F. Princess Auto and similar catalogues also is a good bet.

I was lucky when I bought mine. I just bought it without thinking that tractor batteries are usually larger than car batteries. The one I bought is big enough to wrap completely around the battery.

/ Battery Blanket? #6  
A friend of mine works for FOSS manufacturing. They make battery blankets/ protectors for the millitary, as well as the felt/carpet for about 90% of the car and truck roofs in America.The blankets fit around the M1 abrams batteries. The plastic fiber is about 1 1/2 inches thick. I plan on using it for the L3010 that I purchase at the end of this week. I'll let you guys know this winter how it works. I've used it on my boat to quiet the generator when I'm Bow fishing. The material is extremely strong and lasts for the 2 years that I have had it.