Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Trying to decide on wheel spacers width

Interesting, how wide would you go with your L3800? Do you use it on a lot of hills?
    Motorsport Tech

775-351-1000

www.Motorsport-Tech.com

Like us on facebook! for deals, sales and news.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3800

Quote Originally Posted by MotorsportTech View Post
    Interesting, how wide would you go with your L3800? Do you use it on a lot of hills?
    I would probably go with a 6" spacer on each side. I would have preferred to get it as wide as I could without causing problems. One limitation is that I want the rear wheels to fit inside the fenders on my 18' trailer. I have probably 3" to spare inside each fender with the 4" spacers. the 4" spacers definitely make a noticeable difference in stability. Most of the terrain I use the tractor on does not have much of a slope. However, we do have quite a few hills and other slopes, and I use the tractor on some of them. And we have some hills and slopes that I would not use the tractor on driving across the slope regardless of what spacers I had on the tractor.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3800

Quit talking about 4" spacers!! Everyone else I read had went with 2" or 2-1/2" spacers and I felt like I was doing good going with the 3".......now you got me thinking I should have went wider!!!

Only kidding, I didn't want the rear tires wider than the 66" bucket anyway so I think I should be good with the 3" spacers.

Can't wait until they get here, I'm looking forward to putting them on and seeing/feeling the result.

Do you find you have problems with a belly mower or any other attachments with wide spacers? I've heard that some smaller tractors may have issues, but nothing too major.
    Motorsport Tech

775-351-1000

www.Motorsport-Tech.com

Like us on facebook! for deals, sales and news.

Tractor
    Kubota L4240

I asked my local dealer about spacing out the rears only on a MX5100 and he said it would mess up the tracking with the front end on turns.
    Kubota L4240 HST+ R-4's,

Tractor
    Kubota L3400HST

Fyi, I have a L3400 with R4's. Rear track is 62" outside to outside with 2" spacers. And yes, the 2" spacers is much improvement. The 3"ers that you've ordered should be the cat's meow, if something doesn't break.

On the other hand, here in Georgia everything is either uphill or downhill :-)

Tractor
    John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415

I think I would order spacers to give the width I wanted with the wheels set narrow. Then if I wanted to go wider I could swap the wheels to the wide position. I am not sure how much that is for your tractor, narrow setting vs. wide setting.
    John Deere 2030 JD 245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 mfwd JD 640SL Loader

Tractor
    Kubota L3400HST

Quote Originally Posted by number9L View Post
    Quit talking about 4" spacers!! Everyone else I read had went with 2" or 2-1/2" spacers and I felt like I was doing good going with the 3".......now you got me thinking I should have went wider!!!

Only kidding, I didn't want the rear tires wider than the 66" bucket anyway so I think I should be good with the 3" spacers.

Can't wait until they get here, I'm looking forward to putting them on and seeing/feeling the result.

======================

Does anyone have any info on exactly how wide it's safe to go? I'd love to go wide enough to mow sideway on a 25 degree slope. But I'm not into tipping over, nor am I into breaking an axle.

Any info?

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3800

Quote Originally Posted by Zebrafive View Post
    I think I would order spacers to give the width I wanted with the wheels set narrow. Then if I wanted to go wider I could swap the wheels to the wide position. I am not sure how much that is for your tractor, narrow setting vs. wide setting.
    I have the R4 tires so my wheels aren't adjustable like AG tire wheels. Spacers are my only adjustment means.

Still don't have the spacers yet. Called the other day to get status and the guy told me he'd try and get them out Friday, but I don't have a tracking # so guess that didn't happen. Hopefully I'll get them in time to put them on this weekend.

Tractor
    Cub Cadet 8404 or DK 40 Kioti

this tractor has 6" wheel spacers for the last 4 years. with the spacers its 7 foot wide.

-003-jpg

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast