thinking about trying this

/ thinking about trying this #1  

allen6634

Silver Member
Tractor
600 ford
i just bought a fel and i have been thinking about attaching a bush hogg to the front of the loader, i think that will give me the ability to keep my ditch banks down,(and hopfully the string trimmer lol) i am thinking of building a 3 point set up but im going to have my top link hydraulic so i can adjust the angle. im also thinking that might allow me to use other implements with ease.

/ thinking about trying this #2  
i just bought a fel and i have been thinking about attaching a bush hogg to the front of the loader, i think that will give me the ability to keep my ditch banks down,(and hopfully the string trimmer lol) i am thinking of building a 3 point set up but im going to have my top link hydraulic so i can adjust the angle. im also thinking that might allow me to use other implements with ease.

Do a search here on TBN ...another poster is doing the same thing and others have posted about it..you could share Ideas...post back..

/ thinking about trying this #3  
Just be careful, a FEL isn't meant to sustain side-side forces that a (skidded implement)bush hogg could inflict. I'd hate to see the damage that could occur.

/ thinking about trying this #4  
If you wanted your implement in front, you should have bought a skid steer to begin with. They're designed that way. I think you're in for some serious repair bills and/or a whole lot of headaches.

/ thinking about trying this #5  
Has been done by Farmerford. I have thought about doing this myself. Look at this thread. Mowing Mower on FEL It's been six years since he did this. He could probably give some good advice on what to do and not do.

71633d1173201327-mower-fel-mower-side-img_3768.jpg

/ thinking about trying this #6  
Would you use a hydraulically driven cutter?
Check pump capacity.
Do you have a way to run a PTO shaft from the back to the front, if not hydraulic?

/ thinking about trying this
Would you use a hydraulically driven cutter?
Check pump capacity.
Do you have a way to run a PTO shaft from the back to the front, if not hydraulic?

the cutter will run off hydraulics

Just be careful, a FEL isn't meant to sustain side-side forces that a (skidded implement)bush hogg could inflict. I'd hate to see the damage that could occur.

i understand that a tractor fel arn't designed to be side loaded, i am mainly just wanting to dip the cutter in my ditch , i have no plans to put any side loades on my fel

/ thinking about trying this #9  
I'll be surprised if the tractor hydraulics are strong enough to run a hydraulic rotary mower. By the time you add a pto driven hydraulic pump and fluid storage container it is going to make for a pretty expensive mower. I do believe it is doable though.

MarkV

i have a seperate hydraulic pump that runs the fel im thinking of using this .