Combination SSQA pallet fork & QH 3 point mount

/ Combination SSQA pallet fork & QH 3 point mount #1  

SSdoxie

Elite Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT225
I don't recall who mentioned this on TBN a few months ago about making a 3 point mount on set of QA pallet forks to use on either end of the tractor, but it got me thinking. When I buy rolled hay I have to unload the trailer at the road and haul it back to the barn (about 1/4 mile) with the tractor, so wanted to haul 2 bales per trip. With bale spear on front to off load trailer and stack 2 high in the barn, I decided to see if I could rig up a 3 point, QH compatible, on the pallet forks. Here is what I came up with this weekend.

Started with 2"X2"X1/8" angle iron I had laying around. Notched the top end to fit in under top lip of QA frame and bottom. The small bevel at top is what I had to take off to clear any protrusion that interfered with the QA fit.
2013-07-27 15.46.36.jpg 2013-07-27 15.47.08.jpg

This is thin iron so I made 4 pieces to carry on each side of lift arm.
2013-07-27 15.49.02.jpg

I didn't take progressive photos of the top link connection, but used 1.5"X1.5" angle with some 3" stock welded on for the top link pin. used 1.25" pins @ all 3 locations and tack welded them in since this QH and don't need to remove pins. Here is finished product.
2013-07-28 18.48.41.jpg

It still fits the loader: 2013-07-28 18.47.12.jpg

And fits on 3 point: 2013-07-28 18.52.02.jpg 2013-07-28 18.52.31.jpg 2013-07-28 18.55.14.jpg

Only negative I have seen so far is the lower hooks of QH protrude in way of the fork id trying to relocate/slide past. Have to set the forks either outside the hooks or inside before hooking it to 3 point. 2013-07-28 13.30.14.jpg

If that is only problem, I can easily live with it. Just have to remember to move the forks out, when needed, while pallet frame is hooked on the loader.

/ Combination SSQA pallet fork & QH 3 point mount #3  
Now all you need is a second pair of forks so you have a set for the front so you can do both front and rear at the same time. :thumbsup:

/ Combination SSQA pallet fork & QH 3 point mount
Now all you need is a second pair of forks so you have a set for the front so you can do both front and rear at the same time. :thumbsup:

I did this so I could carry 2 bales of hay at same time, have a bale spear for the front. If I use it to carry firewood, I can but pallet fork on front and carry-all on back.

/ Combination SSQA pallet fork & QH 3 point mount #5  
I think you will find the forks on the rear very handy.

/ Combination SSQA pallet fork & QH 3 point mount #6  
Your solution is obviously more cost effective, but there is a 3 point to SSQA adapter out there so you can use all your SSQA devices on the back of the tractor.

http://www.(Temporarily blocked due...iversal-Quick-Attach-Adapter-p/ati-qa-3pt.htm

Note the comment that a hydraulic top link is ideal.