Little Buddy Seat

/ Little Buddy Seat #1  

jbbankshot

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320
I wanted some company while riding my JD3320. So, I made a spot your my little buddy. Does anyone else have a space for a passenger on their tractors?

Attachments

• image-3807971110.jpg
    image-3807971110.jpg
    559.9 KB · Views: 1,173
  • image-3241549576.jpg
    image-3241549576.jpg
    425.2 KB · Views: 750
  • image-3590678421.jpg
    image-3590678421.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 1,135
  • image-3339567799.jpg
    image-3339567799.jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 1,518
   / Little Buddy Seat #2  
Nothing custom built, mine just ride between my feet. It's usually not a problem but there have been two "incidents" lately.

First one was a couple of weeks ago on the RTV. Both dogs were riding in the floor, I got off to open a gate and hear the engine rev up behind me about half throttle which was odd since nobody was with me. I turn to see the driverless RTV headed my way slowly (parking brake is on, still in M range), male dog has his butt on the accelerator, female looking out from the other side, neither one steering.

Then Friday the female was riding with me on the tractor, once again in the floor. I went to make a turn and it just wouldn't turn. Puzzled I look down to see her lard a** on the diff pedal.

/ Little Buddy Seat #3  
Anyone added seats for their kids to ride along?

I dont want to start on the lap, mine are just too small (2 and 3) and dont want them to start that idea.

Thinking of adding a seat to the fender with some sort of harness.

And no, the cage idea would probably not be approved!

/ Little Buddy Seat #4  
Glad you are not going to let them ride on your lap. I see a lot of people doing that on riding lawn mowers. On their lap or knee, an accident waiting to happen.

/ Little Buddy Seat #5  
A seat on the fender I think would be more dangerous as it is outside of the ROPS protective area.

/ Little Buddy Seat #6  
It's just me, but I would NEVER have my dog or child anywhere on or near the tractor when it is under operation. Please, DON'T ask me how I know.

/ Little Buddy Seat #7  
A seat on the fender I think would be more dangerous as it is outside of the ROPS protective area.

In my case it would be on garden tractors. And I don't cut grass with them.

/ Little Buddy Seat #8  
It's just me, but I would NEVER have my dog or child anywhere on or near the tractor when it is under operation. Please, DON'T ask me how I know.

I'm personally of the same opinion...besides the danger of falling under a wheel while in motion, they may run for the equipment when the operator isn't looking. Even if I had an approved 'buddy seat,' I probably wouldn't let the kids anywhere near the operator's station until I thought they were ready to drive. My kids are way too important to me to allow anything less. I know that a lot of others have just the opposite opinion, but it's my $0.02

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet

/ Little Buddy Seat #9  
A cab tractor makes a nice legal cage for my little one. Have no issues giving him a ride or even snow clearing with a cab.

/ Little Buddy Seat #10  
Best seat for the kids is about 20 yards away from the tractor.

Seriously, its not just having a safe seat on the tractor you should think about. Its when they unexpectedly want to get on or off thats the problem. Unless you've got eyes in the back of your head I'd suggest that having kids hanging anywhere around a tractor is not a good idea.