3-Point Receiver

/ 3-Point Receiver #1  

stumpman

Tractor
TC29D
Hi all,
Seems like the 3-point receiver has been a fairly hot topic lately so I thought I would post pictures of the one I completed a couple of weeks ago. I purchased a receiver hitch at a swap meet/car show this spring just for this purpose, cost all of $10 /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. I then cut the ends off and welded a couple of 1/2" X 3" bars on that I had made where I work (no cost!) and used 2 inch tube where the top link connects. I plan on placing a chain through the tube down to the draw bar to keep it from rising with weight on the trailer. I made the receiver reversable, 1 7/8" and 2" ball on one end, and a flat bar on the other. All I have to do is pull a pin, spin it around, and I can pull attachments that require a draw bar such as a lawn roller. Picture # 1 shows the completed project.

Attachments

• 316833-3-point-2.jpg
    316833-3-point-2.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 2,056
   / 3-Point Receiver
close-up of draw pin

Attachments

• 316834-3-point-5.jpg
    316834-3-point-5.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,191
   / 3-Point Receiver
Close-up of hitch balls... Oh, and by the way... the whole thing cost under $30. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 316836-3-point-7.jpg
    316836-3-point-7.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,099
   / 3-Point Receiver #4  
Very nice! I like it.

OkieG

/ 3-Point Receiver
I'd go into production if I could find more truck receiver hitches for $10 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 3-Point Receiver #7  
I'll take one, would buy all I could at $10 bucks a piece. Thats a great deal.

/ 3-Point Receiver #8  
Great job! you got everything right except the color,should be orange and on my tractor /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ 3-Point Receiver #9  
Stumpman thats a great looking project. And also a practical addition to your tractor implements. You should be retailing those babies at eBay. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 3-Point Receiver #10  
Stump ... rather than make any stupid guesses, I'm wondering why you incorporated threaded bolts for the control arm connections?

Couldn't a pair of pins on each side do the job? Seems it would have a disconnect time of about 15 seconds that way with no tools required?

Not a critique, just curious.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif