Gun Rack for M7040 Kubota

/ Gun Rack for M7040 Kubota #1  

Teamjefe

Tractor
Kubota M7040
I've got a 7040 that I use quite a bit at my family farm. It never fails that I see hogs when I am shredding or plowing. I never have a gun. I'm trying to get some ideas on where I could mount a gun rack. Anyone else have some?

Thanks

/ Gun Rack for M7040 Kubota #2  
I seem to remember E/S putting one in his M8540, but can't find the thread, believe he mounted it to the right door as he doesn't use that door.

/ Gun Rack for M7040 Kubota #3  
I've thought about doing this before, too. I'm usually always carrying my EDC (every day carry) when I'm on the tractor (or anywhere else!) so I know I have at least 8 rounds of 9mm to blast off at some piggies. But I would like to find a place to mount my Winchester 1894 on my 5075E for a little more "reach out and touch ya". :D

My main concern is all the vibration and dust from the open station.

/ Gun Rack for M7040 Kubota #4  
I've thought about doing this before, too. I'm usually always carrying my EDC (every day carry) when I'm on the tractor (or anywhere else!) so I know I have at least 8 rounds of 9mm to blast off at some piggies. But I would like to find a place to mount my Winchester 1894 on my 5075E for a little more "reach out and touch ya". :D

My main concern is all the vibration and dust from the open station.

We used a hard plastic ATV scabbard for years on our Massey-Ferguson 375 open station; worked pretty well.

/ Gun Rack for M7040 Kubota #5  
We used a hard plastic ATV scabbard for years on our Massey-Ferguson 375 open station; worked pretty well.

That's a good idea.

But then, how could I yank it out quickly and smoothly and shoot a hog on the run ala John Wayne riding a horse?! :laughing:

/ Gun Rack for M7040 Kubota #6  
That's a good idea.

But then, how could I yank it out quickly and smoothly and shoot a hog on the run ala John Wayne riding a horse?! :laughing:

I suppose everything is a compromise, we used ours for coyotes. Not a real issue for me as at my age I don't do anything quick.:laughing:

/ Gun Rack for M7040 Kubota #7  
I have one of these mounted under my canopy. SBR « Big Sky Racks

I think big sky has other type of mounts that may work if you don't have a canopy or cab.

/ Gun Rack for M7040 Kubota #8  
I carry my 30-30 with a sling. I've also been bonked pretty good by the barrel too. I may look into some kind of hard case. My days of aka John Wayne are long over but I do shoot at coyotes when seen. Seldom hit any - too far, too skinny, too fast & too much hair.

/ Gun Rack for M7040 Kubota #10  
That's a good idea.

You could always do it that way... a saddle rifle scabbard is designed for just that purpose (mounting & access).

It's just possible that you could find one to suit somewhere in Texas. :yes: