Quick Hitch with Gooseneck ball

/ Quick Hitch with Gooseneck ball #1  

clee4020

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M9540 HD 4x4
Has anyone mounted a gooseneck ball to the their quick hitch? I have a 3PH trailer mover with a gooseneck ball on it. I was thinking about mounting a gooseneck to the quick hitch that would be out of the way of implements and have the trailer hooked 10" closer to the tractor. Any ideas?

/ Quick Hitch with Gooseneck ball #2  
Seems like it would be a good idea:thumbsup:

/ Quick Hitch with Gooseneck ball #3  
Remember since the pivot point is above the rear axle, your tractor could rear up if the trailer is too heavy, gets stuck or is on a uphill slope. Be careful ...

/ Quick Hitch with Gooseneck ball #4  
Good idea. Closer to the tractor is better... more lift capacity and safer.

/ Quick Hitch with Gooseneck ball #5  
My Brother gave me a CAT II Quick Hitch that he had added a ball to. His addition was a bit crude, but functional. Sorry I don't have pics, I removed it. He used a 4" square piece of 1/2" flat. Drilled a hole in the center for the ball. Then cut a hole in the top beam of the QH, to the right side of the top hook. Welded the 1/2" flat to the top beam with the ball nut in the hole he cut.

I had originally built a Hitch Adapter with a 2 1/4" ball mounted at the top to move my gooseneck trailer. Now I hook it to my QH. Puts the ball behind the tractor quite a bit. But I've pulled the gooseneck with 1500 gallons of water on it with no problems. Pulled that load up a steep gravel road hill several times this Summer.

Whatever you build, it sure makes moving a trailer easier. My Hitch Adapter also a 2" receiver mounted in the horizontal bracket which I can use to move my bumper hitch trailers as well. Here's a pic.

/ Quick Hitch with Gooseneck ball #6  
yes I welded a plate to the top of the top link adjustment brackets with a hole for the ball. then screwed ball in. used some washers to space ball out to where the ball shank does not interfere with my top link. I can get picture tonight if I remember. I also welded receiver hitch to mine. no need for one of those trailer mover things. just take the hitch out and clip into your attachment. I can even leave a hitch in when using my box blade.

/ Quick Hitch with Gooseneck ball
I would like to see a pic of it when u get a chance.

/ Quick Hitch with Gooseneck ball #8  
I didn't like having to turn around when spotting trailers so I bought this plate from Skid Steer Express and use my FEL to move trailers around. I bought a ball mount with 3 balls attached - 1 7/8". 2" and 2 5/16". It works great.

Skid Steer Attachments Pallet Forks Hay Spears Bobcat Cat John Deere Mount Plate

P5180748.jpg

/ Quick Hitch with Gooseneck ball #10  
looks bad in the pic. I need to get it cleaned up and painted now that the testing phase is over. will replace washer stack with 1 big 1" thick washer, I need those back for my snow blade shoes, lol. I should also note that I have not had any pto shaft interference with the receiver hitch placed in the center or the quick hitch. the only way to get it to come close is to shorten the top link past where it should be for the implement in use while the implement travels over a dip or hill crest causing it to be lower than the rear tires. this would vary depending on the pto output shaft location on your tractor. I use a 6" drop hitch and it easily gets low enough to move all my trailers.