1952 Ford 8N 302 v8 conversion

/ 1952 Ford 8N 302 v8 conversion #161  
I had to laugh at this last post of yours. Now you have me wondering how old you are. You still have fond memories of messing with dad. Maybe we all have those and they never go away, but mine are starting to get a bit hazy.

/ 1952 Ford 8N 302 v8 conversion
Well it has only been a little over a year since my dad passed away at age 93. He used this tractor for 50 years from 1963 to 2013. So my memory is still very clear of dad and most things.
I am old enough to collect social security but don't so I ain't exactly a spring chicken. Sprung? Maybe.

I had to laugh at this last post of yours. Now you have me wondering how old you are. You still have fond memories of messing with dad. Maybe we all have those and they never go away, but mine are starting to get a bit hazy.

OK, here is the Frank-N-Ford trying to pull! Runs great, pulls? You be the judge. Lots of fun. Plenty of ideas kicking around in my head.
http://youtu.be/qnfo4dlyoI0

As a side bar, we decided to run our 1972 JD214 lawn mower in the garden tractor pull, more fun, more ideas.
http://youtu.be/yM3KTgflkV8

PS: My wife is better with the camera than I am.

/ 1952 Ford 8N 302 v8 conversion #165  
After being away from this forum for a few months, I was happy to track this thread down and find videos of your 8n looking good and running strong. Nice work and good videos.

When you get her rigged and pulling in the 4000 lb class please post another action video for us old Ford fans.

Will do. It will probably be next summer as I am distracted by my next project. I just picked up a cherry 2011 like new ford ranger with only 2,150 miles on it and I am going to drop a 302 in that too! But this will be a fuel injected high output version, hopefully.

After being away from this forum for a few months, I was happy to track this thread down and find videos of your 8n looking good and running strong. Nice work and good videos.

When you get her rigged and pulling in the 4000 lb class please post another action video for us old Ford fans.

/ 1952 Ford 8N 302 v8 conversion #167  
I just looked through all the pics too. You did a real nice job on your dad's tractor.

My dad is 83 and still has an old Ford tractor that he's used for close to half a century also, so I appreciate your project.

Thanks, more still on the list. My dad and I purchased this in 1963 and he used it until 2013 so that was exactly 50 years so that averages out to $6/year for the original purchase. That is less then a meal at Burger King!

/ 1952 Ford 8N 302 v8 conversion #169  
And that $6/yr is before you take into account the residual value prior to all your work. It would have been higher than the original purchase price, making it more like an investment than a purchase.

I like your logic! I am telling my wife that is why it is worth more than the $11,000 I now have into it. LOL

And that $6/yr is before you take into account the residual value prior to all your work. It would have been higher than the original purchase price, making it more like an investment than a purchase.