Tuff LED light on sale at Amazon

/ Tuff LED light on sale at Amazon #1  

Gary Fowler

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010
I just got a message from Amazon that they have 4 each 27 watt LED lights manufacturered by TUFF LED in Colorado on sale now for $86.89 (listed reg price $319) if anyone is interested. They also have some Chinese made on sale if anyone is interested in that junk.

/ Tuff LED light on sale at Amazon #2  
Funny, I was just looking at the Tuff Light 4" square LED lights for my BX on Amazon - $26.88 each. Thinking of replacing the 35 watt halogens that don't throw much light. For anyone that has these lights, how did you ground them? The pic's show one wire I assume for 12 volts, so it must be grounded through the mount. Since I'm going to mount these to my painted ROPS with a bracket (that doesn't pierce the paint) I don't think these would get grounded. Guess I could run a wire to the mounting bolt back to the frame.

/ Tuff LED light on sale at Amazon #3  
Thanks! I just ordered mine!!

/ Tuff LED light on sale at Amazon #4  
Funny, I was just looking at the Tuff Light 4" square LED lights for my BX on Amazon - $26.88 each. Thinking of replacing the 35 watt halogens that don't throw much light. For anyone that has these lights, how did you ground them? The pic's show one wire I assume for 12 volts, so it must be grounded through the mount. Since I'm going to mount these to my painted ROPS with a bracket (that doesn't pierce the paint) I don't think these would get grounded. Guess I could run a wire to the mounting bolt back to the frame.

I posted a question on Amazon and got two responses saying there's a ground wire. Makes things easier. Wonder why the pic's don't show both wires. Anyway, passing this info on.

/ Tuff LED light on sale at Amazon #5  
We all looked at (and bought) these lights so much, Amazon done went and raised the price. When I first did my search for them it came back with the $86.89 price (and free shipping) then when I clicked on the link it said $99.60. Thinking I clicked the wrong link I went back and no, I had clicked the correct link. Did a new search and now the search also said $99.60. I hate the way Amazon will change their prices on the fly like that based on demand.

/ Tuff LED light on sale at Amazon #6  
We all looked at (and bought) these lights so much, Amazon done went and raised the price. When I first did my search for them it came back with the $86.89 price (and free shipping) then when I clicked on the link it said $99.60. Thinking I clicked the wrong link I went back and no, I had clicked the correct link. Did a new search and now the search also said $99.60. I hate the way Amazon will change their prices on the fly like that based on demand.

Could have been Amazon's supplier raised prices on increased demand.

/ Tuff LED light on sale at Amazon #7  
Its not Amazon, its the seller.. And, since they went on sale, the seller with the low price/free shipping is prolly outta stock. Amazon will then show you the next best deal.

This one will prolly be outta stock in 10 secs.. TUFF LED LIGHTS 4 X 4" Inch Square 27watt LED Work Lamp Light 1550 Lumen, Off Road, Atv, Utv, Polaris Ranger : Amazon.com : Automotive
Sold by Sunvalleytek and Fulfilled by Amazon.
But then, there is THIS DISCLAIMER on your 'cheap' lights:
NOTICE! DISCLAIMER:Varsity 174. Eriver, Tech Era LEDSTORE, Sunvalley, Nado Tuning and Moacc are not authorized Tuff LED Lights® Dealers! *** If you buy from them you will get a lower quality lights that will not be covered under Tuff LED Lights® Warranty. Do not support counterfeit sellers. Tuff LED Lights® will not be held liable or responsible for any issues related to quality, shipping time, costs, repairs or warranties or lack thereof. Tuff LED Lights® is a US Local Seller that will ship your product within One Day from Colorado. NO WAITING for 3 weeks to receive products from overseas. Don't get stuck with copy product that will fail and leave you with headaches trying to ship back to china before you

Or: Amazon.com: Buying Choices: TUFF LED LIGHTS 4 X 4" Inch Square 27watt LED Work Lamp Light 1550 Lumen, Off Road, Atv, Utv, Polaris Ranger

/ Tuff LED light on sale at Amazon #8  
I just got a message from Amazon that they have 4 each 27 watt LED lights manufacturered by TUFF LED in Colorado on sale now for $86.89 (listed reg price $319) if anyone is interested. They also have some Chinese made on sale if anyone is interested in that junk.

Looking at the price, the appearance and some of the comments on Amazon, it sounds like TUFF LED is not made in Colorado but made in China. Is there a specific one that IS made in Colorado?

" 2.0 out of 5 stars Buy American, October 28, 2013
By
Trace Pridgen - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Tuff LED Lights Off Road 4x4 Jeep 20" Inch LED Light Bar - 72 Watt - 4000 Lumen Better Then Rigid E Series Polaris Razor UTV ATV Truck SUV INCLUDES> FREE UNIVERSAL WIREHARNESS WITH INLINE FUSE, RELAY, AND TUFF LED PILOT TOGGLE SWITCH
After failing to deliver product on agreed upon time, the light won't stay on. There's a malfunction in the connection. The dash switch is cheap and I had to buy another switch as well. Don't be fooled by the low price. Spend the extra money and don't purchase from China. Their customer service is awful and has broken English. My tracking number didn't work and they never gave me a working number after begging for weeks for one."

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tuff LED Lights Off Road 4x4 Jeep 20" Inch LED Light Bar - 72 Watt - 4000 Lumen Better Then Rigid E Series Polaris Razor UTV ATV Truck SUV INCLUDES> FREE UNIVERSAL WIREHARNESS WITH INLINE FUSE, RELAY, AND TUFF LED PILOT

/EDIT: it looks like there are several companies trading under the Tuff led name.. very confusing.

/ Tuff LED light on sale at Amazon
Its not Amazon, its the seller.. And, since they went on sale, the seller with the low price/free shipping is prolly outta stock. Amazon will then show you the next best deal.

This one will prolly be outta stock in 10 secs.. TUFF LED LIGHTS 4 X 4" Inch Square 27watt LED Work Lamp Light 1550 Lumen, Off Road, Atv, Utv, Polaris Ranger : Amazon.com : Automotive

But then, there is THIS DISCLAIMER on your 'cheap' lights:

Or: Amazon.com: Buying Choices: TUFF LED LIGHTS 4 X 4" Inch Square 27watt LED Work Lamp Light 1550 Lumen, Off Road, Atv, Utv, Polaris Ranger
Read the disclaimer on those as TUFF LED says they are not made by them but are a Chinese import and beware of the quality. TUFF LED is a patented product that the Chinese have ripped of the name and selling them for same price (actually higher IIRC it was $58 for 2 of the imports vs 86 or even 99 for the USA made one.

/ Tuff LED light on sale at Amazon #10  
I bought two of the 4x4 lights about an hour ago. Just checked and there's no disclaimer about being lower quality. Prior to buying, I checked ebay prices and saw some with that disclaimer. Now I'm a little confused since the price was $54 for two. Am I getting Chinese junk? I'll check when they come and send them back if they're not actually Tuff LEDs (if that's possible).

But, why would they be listed on Amazon under a brand name but not be what they claim to be? I'd think Amazon would be obligated not to list counterfeit stuff.