LED light bar for Kubota - WOW what a difference!!!!

/ LED light bar for Kubota - WOW what a difference!!!! #1  

Code54

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100, Kubota BX25D,1957 Farmall Cub Lo-Boy Kubota KX91-3, BCS 853
I have read several post about people talking about adding "D2" style lights or work lights to the tractors so they can see better while working so I thought I would post my experience. This got me to thinking that I also really need better lighting for when I am plowing snow at night so I started searching for a nice set of lights. After looking around and getting a ton of prices I found a 6" Totren light bar with wiring, relays and mounts shipped to my house for under $75 from Matt at Light it up off road. (don't think he has a website but is on Facebook and the RZRforum if anyone is interested) I really liked the idea of a light bar since I already had a rear work light and am very glad I went this route!

The other week I took the time to install the light on my MX5100 and I can not be happier. It ended up taking me about hour and half to do the install from start to finish and that is with carefully running and tying down all the wires and making solid waterproof connections. I know some people disagree with mounting the lights straight to the roll bar but I personally feel two ⅛ self tapping screws is not going to cause my ROPS system to fail. I mounted the light bar in the center of the roll bar facing forward and it is fairly well protected and out of my way. I also have head people say the snow can build up on LED's so i figure with it there I can easily reach up and wipe it off if snow ever does build up.

So when we got our last snow it was time to try it all out and see how it worked. When I got home from work it was pitch black out and I started the tractor up to get ready fro plowing. When I pulled out I had the headlights on and I could see about 40 feet if I kept the bucket real low to the ground. I then kicked the LED bar on. WOW!!! I could now see 100+ feet clearly as well as at least 20+ feet more to each side. It is unreal how good these new lights are. By the time I was done plowing for the evening I ended up shutting the head lights off and just using the bar. I had no issues with snow building up and it was great to be able to move the bucket up and down and see be able to see where i was going. If anyone is thinking of adding LED lights I would HIGHLY recommend it. I also am really impressed with the Totren lights for the money. I know there are a lot of makes out there for a real variety of prices but for the money you really get a great quality light bar. The switch and wiring harness that comes with it is also perfect for the tractor. It has a small lighted switch so you know when it is on and you only need to drill a small (maybe about ス inch) hole in the dash to do the entire wiring install.

I ended up putting a second one on my RZR and it also flat out over powers my stock head lights and makes a massive different trail riding! I just ordered another 6" bar and am going to put it on my bass boat for docking after dock and mounting a set of the small D2 light on the rear of truck to act as aux backup lamps. Anyway I attached some photos to give you a little idea of how mine worked out, the only thing is the photos really don't do the light justice as it is a lot bright than it appears in my photos. My advice is if you work in the dark ever, do yourself a favor and look at the new LED bars - they are SO much brighter than the old halogen work lights and use a lot less power.

Attachments

• IMG_1275.jpg
    IMG_1275.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,490
  • IMG_1276.jpg
    IMG_1276.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 2,180
  • IMG_1277.jpg
    IMG_1277.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,320
  • IMG_1278.jpg
    IMG_1278.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,066
  • IMG_1279.jpg
    IMG_1279.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,277
  • IMG_1280.jpg
    IMG_1280.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 2,718
  • IMG_1274.jpg
    IMG_1274.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,140
  • IMG_1281.jpg
    IMG_1281.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,317
  • IMG_1283.jpg
    IMG_1283.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,181
   / LED light bar for Kubota - WOW what a difference!!!! #2  
The cheap HID conversion kits on fleabay are the best $32 you'll ever spend in lighting upgrades too. Do a best offer and most of the vendors asking $40/pr will let them go for 34 delivered. ;)

I have them in all four of my headlights on my atv and it's incredible the difference it makes. It also draws less current than the stock 880 bulbs.

/ LED light bar for Kubota - WOW what a difference!!!! #4  
Led's are a great addition to any machine.I added to both our tractors and Rhino.My boat is going to get LED strip interior lighting and running/dock lights.

/ LED light bar for Kubota - WOW what a difference!!!!
Thanks - for the money I feel you can't beat them if you work much at night!

/ LED light bar for Kubota - WOW what a difference!!!! #6  
I like them - where did you get them at?

I looked all over WV and the prices were killing me. So then I went to Ebay - well some of the light bars seem decent but after talking to several people that got them cheap they ended up having problems or getting a very low quality light. So I ended up talking to a fellow named Matt at Light it up off road. He is a vendor on the Polaris RZR forum I belong to and he sold a great quality light bar for a very fair price. The nice thing is the price was for everything you need, the bar, the whole wiring assembly and shipped to the house so there were no "extras" which I liked. Over the last two months I ended up ordering a total of 3 - 6" bars and 2 of the D2 lights from him as well as a 30" light bar for a close friend and am very pleased with all of them. I am now thinking I may have to or a 30" bar for my truck!

/ LED light bar for Kubota - WOW what a difference!!!! #8  
light.jpg

Attachments

• light.jpg
    light.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,220
Looks good!

/ LED light bar for Kubota - WOW what a difference!!!! #10  
I replaced my two front lights on the cab and added two work lights on the back....... with LED lights and couldn't be happier. Super bright. Yesterday I installed a LED motion light on the side of my house and I'm just as happy with it as the lights on the tractor. I also replaced the outside pole light bulb with a 60 watt LED bulb. Really liking the LED's :)