Valve stem guards...

/ Valve stem guards... #11  
bird,

Wasn't that the post about the guy using a peice of pipe threaded on one end so you could use a cap, grind the other end to fit the contour of the rim. It protects the stem and keep the crud out. I might be thinking about something else, as you mentioned it was a while ago.

Derek
18-29716-2120.gif

/ Valve stem guards... #12  
Derek, I recall he talked about a short piece of pipe ground to fit the rim contour and welded on; don't remember about a threaded cap, but of course, my memory's getting shorter all the time, too./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Bird

/ Valve stem guards... #13  
I always managed to mangle my valve stems on the 1750, usually on brush. So when I ordered my L3010 with ags I had them added by the dealer. Looks like a short section of angle iron welded right to the rim, then covered with orange paint.

Won't know how much protection they provide till the snow melts and the brush is visible again. Some time in May.

Pete

/ Valve stem guards... #14  
Pete,
That's what my skidsteer has and they work great! You can tell they have served their purpose as they are all bent. I use the heck out of mine and have never had a valve stem problem with the covers. The tractors don't have them and I have broken off three valve stems.

tractorpic.jpg

/ Valve stem guards... #15  
It is kind of odd, since A LOT of dealers sell brush hogs and you have to drive into the brush first with your exposed stems. Not too mention people like me that do not see a difference between my ag tractors and a dozer!

My R4's have the pipes around them, but I'm working on a way to jam a stick downward into the pipe and trash the stem.

My Ford NH with Ag tires was naked and at least once I knocked one off, in addition to jamming sticks between the tire and the rim. WHOOOOOSH!

DEL

/ Valve stem guards... #16  
This is an interesting post, that brings me to a problem I had better deal with before the snow melts. I will be working in very thick woods, along with other things I need to do to my tractor to " woodsproof" it ,can you weld a piece of pipe on the rim just as it sits with fluid in the tires and all ? I am also thinking of somehow making a skidplate for the underside of the tractor what type and gage material would I use? Thanks

/ Valve stem guards... #17  
putty- heres some photos of the skid plate that i built for my L4610 used 1/4" plate on the bottom and 12 GA. on the sides. I also have caps on the valve stems. I don't think you can weld to the wheel with ballest in the tire, at lest I didn't, Ill see if i csn find the pit.
Rich

/ Valve stem guards... #18  
and heres the side

Attachments

• 37-35753-Mvc-004f.jpg
    37-35753-Mvc-004f.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 188
   / Valve stem guards... #19  
the other side

Attachments

• 37-35754-Mvc-005f.jpg
    37-35754-Mvc-005f.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 168
   / Valve stem guards... #20  
Muhammad , If you look close at the front wheel you ca see the pipe cap on the wheel. I do a lot of woods work with this mach. so guards are a must. I got 2, 2.5" x 4" black pipe nipples and cut them in half ground the end with out threads to fit the wheel and welded them on got 4 pipe caps and your good to go. I did paint them and now they look like they came right from Kubota.
Rich

Attachments

• 37-35761-Mvc-001f.jpg
    37-35761-Mvc-001f.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 198