Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    None currently

Default Valve stem guards...

Just sitting here wondering, has anybody mounted custom valve stem guards to their R1 or R3 tire rims? I know they come standard on most R4 tire rims, but can't remember seeing an R1 or R3 rim with valve stem guards. Has anyone made them, or found them? How much $/time? Of course, if the answer is no... I guess that means you guys aren't smashing valve stems very often, huh? [img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Default Re: Valve stem guards...

I wish I had a valve stem guard recently when I "crushed" it accidently.

After all the calcium choride mix came out, have a new tube installed, refilled at about $120. later... (and I still mounted and dismounted the wheel myself)...

Yep... wish I had a valve stem guard then on that little Satoh R1....

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

We have a ground department on campus,and all 4 Kubotas 3 John Deere have valve stem guards on each tire.
    Our machine shop made custom guards out of 1/4" stainless steel pipe than welded the guards to the rims.

Thomas..NH [img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Tractor
    MF 1440-4 PowerShuttle

I don't have them either on my R-1s. Wish I did here a while back when I had a wheel weight come loose and break the stem off.
    JerryG

I recall some messages over a year ago about welding valve stem guards onto the wheels; right after I ripped a valve stem out of a front wheel while pushing a pile of brush, but so far that's the only time I've ever damaged one.

Bird

Jerry... Yiks! How the heck did you have a wheel loosen up/ come off?

Veteran Member

Muhammad,

My B21 came with front and rear valve stem guards (R4)[img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    None currently

Oops, that original post should have read R3 not R4! [img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img] Let me edit that......

Tractor
    MF 1440-4 PowerShuttle

John,
    It wasn't the wheel......It was the wheel weights on the wheel. The steel that was used for the weight bracket was tempered and when the weight attaching bolt was welded on, it caused cracks to form around it. That's what caused the weights to fall on the valve stem.
    JerryG

Tractor
    JD 8320 MFWD, JD 6415 MFWD, FEL, and cab, John Deere MFWD 4600, John Deere 4020, John Deere 4430, John Deere 455 mower, Deutz, and Gehl 4610 perkins skidsteer

Muhammad,
    I was going to say I must have got cheated on my R4's. I just popped one off two weeks ago on a bucket! They sure aren't very sturdy. My skidsteer has them on all tires and it sure is a good thing as every tire they are banged up pretty good. I was going to weld some on but didn't want to toast my new yellow rims!!! Only other idea I had was to put them on with bolts. Need to do something though.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast