Modified air intake, air filter stays cleaner..

/ Modified air intake, air filter stays cleaner.. #1  

descanso1

Bronze Member
Tractor
kubota B7800
Just finished modifying the air intake on my Kubota B7800, moved the air intake up out of most of the dust and added a pre-cleaner. The pre-cleaner removes a lot of the dust and keeps water from entering the intake. I maintained the original air filter and greatly reduced the amount of dust getting to it. The factory intake draws the air from just in front of the radiator which is a very dusty area with the radiator fan drawing in the dust. Now with the air being drawn in above the hood and the pre-filter there is far less dust getting to the air filter. My total cost was 19.95 for the pre-cleaner, the rest was some thin wall pipe I had laying around and I welded it together, well worth the investment (less than one air filter).

DSCN0730.JPGDSCN0732.JPGDSCN0733.JPGDSCN0735.JPGDSCN0737.JPGDSCN0738.JPG

Last edited:
   / Modified air intake, air filter stays cleaner.. #2  
nice job.it seems like a crazy factory place to gather the air anyways..I dont run in allot of dust but can imagine how it would help..

/ Modified air intake, air filter stays cleaner..
nice job.it seems like a crazy factory place to gather the air anyways..I dont run in allot of dust but can imagine how it would help..

Thank you kind sir, I think the factories have gone to that configuration to streamline the look. I think most factory engineers sit behind a desk and don't ever get on a tractor and just draw what they think might work with no practical experience. Also my modification might cost them an additional $1.50 or so. You know save a penny for the company and increase filter sales.... Anyway that is my opinion and I am entitled to it,,,,,

/ Modified air intake, air filter stays cleaner.. #4  
Good idea and great build. I am bookmarking for future reference (i.e. copying). :thumbsup:

/ Modified air intake, air filter stays cleaner.. #5  
Looks good, another improvement for a great work horse. :thumbsup:

/ Modified air intake, air filter stays cleaner.. #6  
Very good looking job on a nice modification,definitely better than the factory setup.Would look really good with an exhaust stack on the other side.

Very good looking job on a nice modification,definitely better than the factory setup.Would look really good with an exhaust stack on the other side.
With as many mods as I have done, I will more than likely do that next. After I am done with this one I will probably rename it from Kubota to My tractor!!!! Has anyone removed the muffler from one yet? Like the loud sound.... I have a Toyota Tundra and with 50 miles on it I changed the exhaust over to dual Magnaflows, sounds great and a little better performance. Exhaust is more than likely next. When does it end?????????

/ Modified air intake, air filter stays cleaner.. #8  
Looks good!

Now ya gotta find an old tin coffee can to plop over the intake...:D

Looks good!

Now ya gotta find an old tin coffee can to plop over the intake...:D
I remember those days, in a lot of the ways they were better..no cell phones, no computers, just imagination....... Does it got a be a Folgers or can it be an M.J.B. and does it have to have some rust?????? How about a rusty old Sir Walter Raleigh can like they used to put mine claims in?
The way it is designed it will not let water into the intake....

/ Modified air intake, air filter stays cleaner.. #10  
Very nice work, pics, paint, details, cup-holder ...

I hope we'll see more from this clever creator. :thumbsup: