Kubota Cup Holder...

/ Kubota Cup Holder... #31  
Yeah, now you're talkin'. Stick a good speaker magnet or somthin' to the back plate of an automotive cup holder like the window type M. Sulivan mentioned and slap it on any steel part of your tractor (ROPS, side of your hood, etc...)! Those things are usually plastic so a good epoxy should do. And to protect the beautiful paint on your tractor, you could glue some cloth on the back of the magnet. I'm gonna do this for sure. Thanks for the idea. /w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif

/ Kubota Cup Holder... #32  
Ok i had to respond to my own post to smack myself in the head for unoriginality. I see that I am slower than most members left pinky. I thought I was origional until I found a description of the chalkey cup and all the variations throughout the site. I chide myself for unorigionality, and hereby deduct five origionality points. Hopefully I can make them back. Back to the drawing board, mabey somthing nuke powered. /w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif

/ Kubota Cup Holder... #33  
Don't know if it's a new promo, but my Kubota dealer came back from some sort of regional meeting with a bunch of very nice caps with KUBOTA inscribed across the front - giving them out for free.
As to cup holders, the post by Sullivan is right on. I already have one. I just cut off the hook part of a $1.50 Auto store cup holder, drilled to holes in the shaft about 3 inches apart and a similar 2 holes in the thick plastic casing on the side under my instrument panel (L3410), and fastened it in with 2 stainless steel bolts/nuts/washers (had to temporarily remove 1 of the bolts holding the plastic sheathing so I could get access high enough on the panel to be within an easy reach for a beveridge, just under and to the side of the steering wheel). Holds soft drinks (and beer) just fine. Cheap and very stable - my tree care guy came by and remarked that his Kubota hadn't come with the drink holder option - I just laughed and told him that if Kubota had a drink holder option, it'd likely cost more than the few bucks that my real basic gizmo did - so he built himself one.

/ Kubota Cup Holder... #34  
Mounted on my B2410

Attachments

• 37-127456-Cupholder.jpg
    37-127456-Cupholder.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,501
   / Kubota Cup Holder... #35  
Looks great!

/ Kubota Cup Holder... #36  
On my new holland I used this exact method to mount acup holder to my right rops mount.. right next to the fender mounted am/fm radio I got at tractor supply...

My Yanmar also has a similar version.. ( no rops.. just a canvas cannopy )

Chris

"Planning a simple one once the weather breaks. Just an aftermarket auto version I've seen at many parts stores in various sizes, looks somewhat like this in cross section (my line drawing doesn't preview correctly) : Visualize a tin can with a hook on the top that would go over a window edge or between interior trim."