Kubota Cup Holder...

/ Kubota Cup Holder... #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
Kubota doesn't have cup holders on tractors larger than the BX2200, but I just found this custom cup holder on an L35... of course, it is for backhoe use:

37-32361-remotecupholder.jpg

As you can see, it is a simple piece of steel rod bent and welded to the remove hydraulic valve mounting plate. Seemed simple but gets the job done... sort of.

I think the design could use some work. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif First, it will only hold a small cup (who uses a small cup??) ... maybe 12 or 16oz. Nothing even remotely approaching the size of a <font color=red>ChalkleyCup</font color=red>.

Haven't put much thought into it yet, but how could something like this be constructed to be adjustable? Of course, a front-mounted model that attaches to the ROPS is what is needed. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Ok boys… get to it!! If nothing else, this might give some of you some ideas for an easy to make cup holder that could clamp to the ROPS and solve the missing cup holder problem. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

msig.gif

Attachments

• 37-32361-remotecupholder.jpg
    37-32361-remotecupholder.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 670
   / Kubota Cup Holder... #2  
Good idea I like it...hmmm, but the location...for as numb as I can get at times I'll end up banging my hand.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Kubota Cup Holder... #3  
Planning a simple one once the weather breaks. Just an aftermarket auto version I've seen at many parts stores in various sizes, looks somewhat like this in cross section (my line drawing doesn't preview correctly) : Visualize a tin can with a hook on the top that would go over a window edge or between interior trim.
__
| |
| |
|__|

Plan to cutoff the window hook (top) and strap the 'can' to loader frame with 2 long stainless worm clamps (I believe Lowes has them with 18" straps for commercial gutters) over a couple pieces of rubber. Hope this makes sense. Have seen the holders as big as about 6" diameter at the bottom.

/ Kubota Cup Holder... #4  
Backhoe....Hey, wait a minute....I've got one of those....Yes, Yes.....I'm home free....a place for my Diet Pepsi.......wait a minute...no bottom....Pepsi goes right through.....back to plan "B"...
Jim

18-32244-Jimsig1.gif

/ Kubota Cup Holder... #5  
Shoot Jim, just level that backhoe bucket, fill it with ice and dump in a few cans. Oh... you say you want to actually use the backhoe? Well, can't help you there.

Along those lines, we had a neighborhood party last fall and I seriously considered offering my tractor as the beverage cart. That FEL bucket will hold a lot of ice and drinks. In the end I changed my mind. Decided I didn't need a bunch of drunk guys hanging around my new toy.

18-32437-790signaturegif.gif

/ Kubota Cup Holder... #6  
Muhammad,
For a holder, we would of course have to have a custom tractorbynet cup! Oh Ya!

My YTmag.com "Yesterdays Tractor" cup is getting a lot of use; I could sure use a tractorbynet.com cup before I wear this one out /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

http:// [url]http://www.cafepress.com/ytmag/ [/url]

RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

/ Kubota Cup Holder...
Without a doubt we'll be offering the TractorByNet.com logo gear in the future... soon! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

msig.gif

/ Kubota Cup Holder... #8  
Muhammad,
Any word on the logo gear you talked about?
Paul

/ Kubota Cup Holder...
We'll probably have the first of it available early next month. Before we have the stuff made, we'll probably do a short survey on what exactly everyone is most interested in, colors, sizes, etc. That will be a sign that we're about to go to production with it.

/ Kubota Cup Holder... #10  
<font color=blue>survey on what exactly everyone is most interested in</font color=blue>

Let me get a jump on it -- I think the TBN logo would look good on a York rake, which should be free to all Gold members and higher. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif