Cab accessories

/ Cab accessories #21  
as much as heating may be a concern. it is getting the bloody wind off you that makes a huge difference in winter. at least for me. i end up in cover alls and good jacket plus some layers regardless to deal with snow cleaning and like. by the time cab warms up, i am already done and moving on.

on other hand in winter, is fogging up the windows, cheap computer fans can work as little defrosting fans if placed in correct areas. all ya need is the 2 wire version, if they come with 3, chop the third wire off. and just use the red/black, and a generic cheap dip switch.

altenator check to make sure you have a large enough one is big thing. so ya not turning off tractor, and finding it will not start back up. when ya far away from the shed

the upper front and rear lights are major deal for me. *kiddo* i suppose in me, but they have helped out a lot.

if you can find yourself a rubber mat that will fit the floor. just make sure you can lift it up in 2 to 3 pieces possibly. the mat helps cover up holes / seals things up. but once you use tractor a few times out in the mud, and getting in and out. it is nice to remove mat, and get the dirt out.

be careful of mirrors. make sure you can get to fuel tank if putting on side mirrors. (make sure they are foldable and/or detachable as well) so when ya nail a tree with them, you can replace them ;)

========
if ya having problems to getting seals to seal. spray foam can be your friend. just spray some. (if you do to much or get some you don't want) leave it and let it cure for a couple days or longer and then go back and scrap it off. (if ya don't ya end up with a big mess).

==========
make sure you get all your hyd leaks fixed or any other oil leak fix that will be inside the cabin. once ya close it up. that oil will get to you quickly!

==========
put some foam in the roof. its not for insulation or sound proofing, it is from nailing top of ya head on the roof when ya stand up!

=========
weather stripping for doors/windows. be extremely careful, don't create extra hard edges, that might cause window or door. to nail against causing some sort of flexing in window or door. reason? the glass may brake.

/ Cab accessories #22  
One idea I pulled from golf carts was a ceiling mounted fan. It was only a 12". I purchased a 16 " electric 12 volt radiator fan off eBay and made shims to space it from the ceiling. I mounted it where it blows directly down on my head on my Kubota diesel zero turn and I will be putting one on my Kubota tractor roof soon. I used a toggle switch for the on/off switch. You could use a high low switch also. It would make a huge difference in your cab in the summer time. I live in Florida and I don't see how I ever did without it. Also it doesn't draw a lot of voltage.

I've seen a few guys that have lawn services that have the electric radiator fans mounted above them on the rope of there mowers. I've been thinking of doing the same thing under my canopy on my tractor, just as you described, spacing it off the canopy about a inch or so , should make a big difference.

/ Cab accessories #24  
For me it makes a world of difference especially if you are not moving at higher speeds and there's no breeze. One suggestion is to give it about 3-4 inches from your roof so it has room to pull air through it without putting a stream on the fan. Longer bolts with fuel tube over them to make the spacers and it reduces vibration. Also the best fans are the plastic ones with the shroud built on. Just what i found out through trial and error. Total cost for the fan was about $19.00-$39.00.

/ Cab accessories #26  
   / Cab accessories
Keep the ideas coming. I should be mounting the cab soon. I just got done with 11 cord of firewood. The tractor wooded flawless to move logs around

/ Cab accessories
I know its been a while but I am FINALLY back at this project.

I brought the cab in the garage the other night and started tearing into it. Where the fenders mount to the cab and where you get into the cab are the only 2 rust spots. Nothing my sandblaster will not take care of, along with a couple coats of Master Series rust paint.

I did Not want to get into this big of a project right now, but I knew If I just put the cab on, without taking care of the rust, by the time I got to it, there would be nothing left to work with.

I disassembled the whole cab. All the glass, doors, "interior", heater, EVERYTHING.

Now to lay out everything. I am doing away with the heater that goes ON TOP of the cab. I ordered one from Ebay that is designed to go under a dash of a car, I will mount it on the roof of the cab INSIDE.
Universal Underdash Heater 12V Heat ONLY for Car or Truck | eBay

I also ordered some lights. 12" 72watt mini LED bars for the front 2x 72W 12 inch Spot Flood Combo CREE LED Work Light Bar Driving OffRoad SUV Boat | eBay
And a pair od square 48 watt LEDs for the rear 2X Square 48W LED Work Light 12V 24V Off Road Flood Spot Lamp Car Truck SUV 4WD | eBay
A fan to mount inside to move the air .
Amazon.com: ROADPRO 12-Volt 2-Speed Fan Black Metal RP1179BK: Home & Kitchen

I also ordered a gallon of heat/noise reducer and a gallon of bed liner to do the inside of the cab

Now looking for a small radio with a clock would be nice,
A cupholder would be nice,
some sort of switches/panel to operate the lights, strobes and possibly the wipers,
a "junk" try to hold my cell phone, keys, etc,

here is what i have done so far

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/diesel_brad/Ford 260C/260c SIMS cab_zpsxlghmvby.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/diesel_brad/Ford 260C/260c sims cab 4_zpsxymudsmd.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/diesel_brad/Ford 260C/260c sims cab 2_zpssyurgvff.jpg

/ Cab accessories #29  
Backup camera system perhaps?

/ Cab accessories
na. I have a clear view behind me