Cab accessories

/ Cab accessories #1  

Bradbilt

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 260C, Ford 8N, NewHolland GT22,
Hey guys. looking for some ideas for my SIMS cab for my Ford 260C.

I haven't had it on the tractor yet(bought it separate from the tractor)

I am looking to do some upgrades this season before and after the reinstallation of it. Then after the season, I want to tear the tractor down and painting it Ford blue and do away with the construction yellow. Pretty sure the tractor will be all blue, white(gray) wheels, white roof and thinking black fenders and also black between the windows(but not quite as much as there currently) to make it a little more modern looking. Think 4610 https://www.google.com/search?q=for...kO9ProASRkoDIAw&ved=0CCcQsAQ&biw=1570&bih=831

The "factory" heater is HUGE unit that bolts to the roof of the cab and is at least 8" over the roof. It is just looking to get ripped of and it will NOT allow the tract to fit in my garage.
Obviously I need a heater(winter snow removal). I am just wondering what you guys have used. Even some stock units and how/where they mount.

Next up is Lights. I am thinking LED. I have some 27 watt round LED under my pickup as backup lights and I really like them. 2X 27W 12V 24V LED Work Light Flood Lamp Tractor Truck SUV UTV ATV Offroad | eBay
But on the tractor I am not sure a round light would look right. I am thinking rectangular or oval
Something like 6" Oval 24W Heavy Duty High Powered LED Work Light | LED Work Lights | LED Work Light & Off Road LED Light Bars | Super Bright LEDs

or
4.5" Square 27W Super Duty High Powered LED Flood Light | LED Work Lights | LED Work Light & Off Road LED Light Bars | Super Bright LEDs

I am thinking putting 2 in the red at the top, just under the roof and 2 in the front mounted the same way. Also thinking about mounting 2 more up front in the grill guard.

Also in the light department, I want to have some sort or flasher or strobes. I was looking at these to mount where the cab fenders meet the cab. But in a light that has lens on both sides to be seen from the front and the rear.
Compact Turn/Brake Trailer Lights | Trailer Tail, Brake, & Turn Fixtures | Trailer Lights & Lamps | Truck/Trailer | Super Bright LEDs

Next up would be switches to control everything. I am pretty much Positive what I am going with here, but open to suggestions. Here is what I am looking at. I would have rear lights, front lights, grill lights, strobes/flashers, front wiper, and rear wiper. They would be mounted in a custom panel up near the cab roof
OTRATTW

There is already a front and rear wiper, so that would just need rewiring. For routing the wires, I would(for now drill some 1/4 holes and bolt on some Wire loom clamps), when the tractor gets tore apart the holes would be welded shut and studs welded on to bolt on the clamps. I was also thinking about routing some EMT to route the wires in but not so sure about that.
Loom clamps..http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/180068829912?lpid=82

Weather stripping... Right now there is NOTHING where the doors close to the cab. Not sure if it had some automotive style weather strip or some adhesive backed foam tape like a truck cap uses.
There is not a lot of room to fit a big weather strip, also not sure what design.

Sound deadener? I was thinking about spray bed lining the inside of the cab to keep the noise down( I have the ability to spray a 4 part epoxy based liner in different colors)

So there is my list. I am open to suggestions. Anything Else I should be considering adding?

here is what I am working with

/ Cab accessories
Seriously? 212 views and not one response

/ Cab accessories #3  
I would suggest adding some adhesive backed liners on the cab. These Sims cabs are rattle cans and will drive you crazy if you do not add insulation. I would also see about some sort of rubber insulators between the cab and the tractor.

here has the cab insulation that I am talking about.
https://www.tractorseats.com/c-94-cab-foam-and-adhesive.aspx
Other members might know where to get it cheaper.

During the summer the cab will be a sauna so you might want a small fan to cool you down. Also it would help defog the windows in the winter.

Also you need have some patience for other members to respond. Some of us are busy during the week and do not have the opportunity to get on until the weekend.

/ Cab accessories
Thanks. That foam looks similar to what is there already, just in much better shape

/ Cab accessories
Buler?????????

/ Cab accessories #6  
If you ever get down near Leola there's a trailer shop that has a good selection and decent prices on LED work and flashing lights. I was like a kid in a candy store. They sell on the net, but walk-in prices are considerably lower.

I bought automotive style weather stripping from McMaster Carr for the doors when I built my cab. They have different mounting styles and sizes.

/ Cab accessories
Thanks for the idea of McMaster Carr. I didn't even think of them

/ Cab accessories #8  
Thanks for the idea of McMaster Carr. I didn't even think of them

And I didn't think of them either, although we order things at work from them. Another poster here - mjncad - brought them up when I was looking for weatherstripping.

/ Cab accessories #9  
I have a factory cab but have made a few customization's. I've added a 12V outlet connected to the battery for the old android phone I have in the suction cup mount for GPS, speed and because I'm a geek.

Modified the cup holder to hold my bottle Twisted Tea.

Riveted an holder for my Framing hatchet and Iron workers adjustable wrench on the left fender well.

Holder for my shotgun and pistol on the right side of the center console for snakes and whatever else. (cab is too tight to get out the left side unless my *** is on fire)

Still no radio, I'm holding out for a pawn shop one with a SiriusXM built in for my NASCAR.

Oh, a 3M tape hook to hang my hat on.

/ Cab accessories
Ok, this is what I am talking about!!!

Any pic guys?