Radio Installation in Kubota 3430 HSTC

/ Radio Installation in Kubota 3430 HSTC #1  

Markus3430

I am planning to install an AM/FM radio in the cab on my 3430 HSTC. Can anybody give me some hints on how to hook the radio up to power and speakers?

/ Radio Installation in Kubota 3430 HSTC #2  
Are there any provisions in your cab from the factory for radio installation? In my New Holland TN the cab comes with an antenna, full wiring and the speakers already installed in the headliner, near the front windshield. There is also a radio bracket in the headliner near the rear window. I can post some pictures of how the radio works in the New Holland cab if you are interested.

Andy

/ Radio Installation in Kubota 3430 HSTC #3  
According to the brochure, the 3430 HSTC has an option for a radio. Might be easiest just to get the kubota parts/radio and install that.

/ Radio Installation in Kubota 3430 HSTC #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( According to the brochure, the 3430 HSTC has an option for a radio. Might be easiest just to get the kubota parts/radio and install that. )</font>

I definately agree with Rick on getting the Kubota parts to aid in the installation. I would probably not get the Kubota radio. They are usually low grade radios at a high price. You can do much better online or at a Best Buy or Circuit City type store. If you have any questions I can probably help you with the wiring as I was the electronics lead on the first Bose car stereo. And no I'm not crazy about the speakers New Holland supplied. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Andy

/ Radio Installation in Kubota 3430 HSTC #5  
You should at least get the base kit from the dealer.

/ Radio Installation in Kubota 3430 HSTC #6  
Markus:

When you have any questions about a Kubota L Series Cab tractor, just come to me. Most guys here are familiar with my 5030HSTC. It's been posted numerous times....

First off, the Kubota radio is a Panasonic. I have the am-fm-weather band and the factory speakers are also Panasonic. They have plenty of Bass and the speakers mount right above your ears.

The antenna mounts on the mirror mount on the LHS of the cab facing forward. The Kubota antenna is a rubber ducky one that's designed to mount there.

The radio is a DIN mount, slide in chassis and I believe the rack is in the headpiece whether you get the radio or not. The loom is in all the cab models so it's just a matter of removing the roof, sliding in the radio and hooking the leads up. The speakers will attach to the radio. I think the whole setup for mine was about $250.00. Not that much when you consider the price of the tractor.