2520 vertical exhaust.

/ 2520 vertical exhaust. #1  

BKBoiss

Gold Member
Tractor
So excited I finally figured out how to post pictures. I thought you guys might like to see the exhaust I built for my 2520. I know some people don't like the hole in the hood and to be honest I almost cried cutting into it but I'm happy with how it turned out. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgall powder coated and done. image.jpg

/ 2520 vertical exhaust. #2  
Straight piped, no muffler? Thought about the same thing on my 3005, how is the noise level? I'm tired of the exhaust soot on my left loader arm.

/ 2520 vertical exhaust.
Sorry I'm not the best at taking before and during pictures. The whole stack is a homemade muffler. I rolled punch plate,put a washer on the end and stuffed it with stainless scouring pads, these were a buck for 4 at the dollar store. It is just a tad louder than stock but no dirty loader arm and rather than smelling diesel exhaust all day I just get the occasional whiff. Don't get me wrong I love the smell of diesel smoke, but when your working in close quarters like the sawmill or cutting firewood where I do it gets a bit much. Besides it just looks like a tractor now.

/ 2520 vertical exhaust. #4  
Looks good!

It's funny that I paid more to have an exhaust that goes down, instead of up!

Does it get in the way of opening the hood?

/ 2520 vertical exhaust.
image.jpgA simple twist of the wrist and it pops off. Oh and it sounds awesome strait piped but I do have neighbours, and I'm young I need to save a little hearing for my old age.

/ 2520 vertical exhaust. #6  
Nice! It looks like you did a good job getting the pipe centered in the hole too.

/ 2520 vertical exhaust.
DT86: yeah it was brutal but I wanted it to look good so I took my time and did it right.
Fred: I used to tinker around with those trucks since I was 13, you can see that pole trailer I was working on there, however since I graduated high school, got married, and started having a family I don't really seem to find the time anymore. Maybe in 30 years when I retire I'll take it up again.

/ 2520 vertical exhaust. #10  
Nice job! Put a little anti-seize compound on the joint and you will never have a problem with removal.

Terry