Good generic chain saw press or scabbard?

/ Good generic chain saw press or scabbard? #1  

MinnesotaEric

Tractor
Kioti NX6010
I need to mount my Stihl MS251 on my tractor somewhere and I'm wondering about which saw press or scabbard that allows rapid deployment, ease of use, and good enough security from falling off?

I also carry a Milwalkee 28M cordless sawzall with a brush blade for pruning. Any good ideas on how to carry it?

Also, has anybody got a good idea on how to strap a big silky pruning saw (11" blade) scabbard on, oh, dunno, the loader?

/ Good generic chain saw press or scabbard? #2  
Why not use a PVC tube.

Use it as it or flatten it with a torch.

/ Good generic chain saw press or scabbard? #3  
I looked around and just did this recently, dunno if it'll work for your needs. I mounted two 4x4's, one on each side of my ballast box (goes in the woods with me anyway). I just simply used the chainsaw to burrow its own slot in the middle of the 4x4, this holds it straight up and down and the wood isn't going to hurt the chain obviously. I looked for plastic scabbards and didn't have much luck with finding what I was looking for, and didn't want to make it a 5 hour project to make one. It looks good and serves the purpose.

/ Good generic chain saw press or scabbard? #4  
I let my wife carry all of that stuff for me :p We need the exercise, WHOOPS did I just say that?

Regards, Fred

/ Good generic chain saw press or scabbard? #5  
Here's mine. Super easy to get out, very secure. Took about an hour to make. A better version is in the works, the location behind the seat hinders visibility backing up to hook up impliments.

/ Good generic chain saw press or scabbard? #6  
Look on the website lots of good ideas. I used a plastic cutting board and some aluminum angle and it is quite nice. No pix, sorry.

/ Good generic chain saw press or scabbard? #7  
I made a simple plywood scabbard similar to deiselcrawler and mounted it vertically on the cage for my front forks. About as simple as it gets. Image 2.jpg

/ Good generic chain saw press or scabbard? #8  
A simple bar scabbord works but you run the risk of bending the bar from the weight of the saw body/motor bouncing around during transit... unless it is supported, which is the reason for the side and bottom support and rubber bungie cord to hold it tight on mine. Bent bar really puts a damper on your wood cutting plans.

/ Good generic chain saw press or scabbard? #9  
Here's mine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    806.7 KB · Views: 631
   / Good generic chain saw press or scabbard? #10  
Web%20bracket%20mounted.jpg

Web%20right%20side%20close.jpg