Snowblower fabrication

/ Snowblower fabrication #1  

pardon my french

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota l4740
image.jpgI was thinking about fabricating this snowblower to work with my kabota tractor I would need to buy a four ft drive shaft and fab up some sort of frame and than a short shaft to the shaft of the blower I can't afford 10,000 and I don't want a rear blower any thoughts image.jpgimage.jpg here is a picture of the 60 inch blower I already have a mid pto it can't hurt to give it a shot should pump out some serious snow

/ Snowblower fabrication #2  
Looks like it will make a nice blower for sure. Check to make sure you have the proper direction rotation(s) before you buy.

/ Snowblower fabrication #3  
I don't think it will work for you at all. I'll be happy to remove it from your yard.

Seriously, that looks like a nice double auger blower. Shouldn't have too much problem fabricating a mount.

/ Snowblower fabrication #4  
Looks like it will make a nice blower for sure. Check to make sure you have the proper direction rotation(s) before you buy.

I bought an old kubota snowblower that the guy told me he converted from front to rear 3 point hitch. I kept breaking shear bolts and the drive shaft was too short and a severe angle. I want to sell it but don't want to stick someone with it if it can't work right. One guy told me about the proper direction. Any ideas to make it sellable would be appreciated. I just don't know much about this stuff

/ Snowblower fabrication #5  
Search around on the forums here. This forum & the snow removal forums especially. I know I've seen several others complete similar projects & post about it.

The mid PTO is either 1000 or 2000 RPM, a lot faster than the standard rear 540 RPM & usually in the wrong direction. Nothing that can't be fixed with the right gearbox. You have to watch the clearances & drive line angles carefully.

/ Snowblower fabrication
If the direction is wrong I'm told that can be fixed very simply

/ Snowblower fabrication
That's a nice blade you got there looks like you don't fool around does it have the float feature to follow the contour of the ground

/ Snowblower fabrication
Something is not right if you keep breaking shear bolts are you blowing a rocky driveway

/ Snowblower fabrication
I'm told the mid pto is 2000 rpm I'm hoping it will do the trick I was told the mid pto is equal to a 75 horsepower tractor motor don't believe it but that's what I'm told

/ Snowblower fabrication #10  
That's a nice blade you got there looks like you don't fool around does it have the float feature to follow the contour of the ground

I'm hoping it will. Loader has float mode. I just finished the build. It's a 7'6" Diamond truck plow mounted to a SSQA 1/2" thick plate. I installed 4 adjustable shoes, 2 on the blade and 2 on the back of the A frame. With the loader in float the plow sits on the 4 shoes. In theory it should float. The driveways and parking lots I plow are mostly flat so I don't foresee any problems. Am anxious to try it this winter. Also have a 7'6" snow pusher box.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/323978-snow-plow-build.html