3rd function valve kit

/ 3rd function valve kit #1  

kacole

Bronze Member
Tractor
kubota mx5100
I'm fixing to pull the trigger on a 3rd function valve kit, I've looked at the kit from everything attachments 3rd function auxilliary hydraulic kits for all brands of tractors and loaders! purchase online, free shipping within 1,000 miles!! (made by W R Long) it looks like a good kit and sells for around $840 with a $50 coupon so total will be around $790. tonight i saw this kit from construction attachments, Construction Attachments Dedicated Third Function Hydraulic Valve Kit, Includes Hoses Can anybody tell me which is the better kit to buy. the kit from construction attachments is a fair amount cheaper but i wouldn't want to buy it if it is gonna be sub par. If there is another kit to look at please let me know. I know i could put one together myself cheaper but i really know nothing about hydraulics and i'm scared i would get in over my head, I can follow instructions good so if somebody could give me detailed instructions and a detailed parts list this would be the only way i would try to piece a kit together my self. thanks for any help or advice.

/ 3rd function valve kit #2  
kacole, I would contact Idaho implement (the second company you mentioned) and ask them if their kit is made by W. R. Long. Then you can compare the costs (including shipping) to see who has the better deal. Good luck. Stanley

/ 3rd function valve kit #3  
Is the "factory" kit way out of line expensive? The reason I ask is that I have the factory valve (dealer installed) & it is integrated nicely and looks & operates very well and does not have the "added on" look & function that a generic add on might have.

/ 3rd function valve kit
I've never priced the factors kit before I just sorta figured it would be crazy like most things at Kubota I'll call and get a price from them too

/ 3rd function valve kit #5  
When I bought my L4600 I has dealer install third function valve they used an aftermarket valve as well it was 800 dollars. On my l3700 I installed one my self that I put together. A DO3 valve had to make mounting bracket and the hoses used to plumb in series with FEL valve the hard part was the control. wound up using a pendant type switch to operate valve there are videos on youtube telling you how to plumb in.

/ 3rd function valve kit #6  
I've never priced the factors kit before I just sorta figured it would be crazy like most things at Kubota I'll call and get a price from them too

Contact your dealer. Last i checked the kubota kit for my machine was only $100 more than the aftermarket. The integration alone was worth that.

/ 3rd function valve kit #7  
I'm fixing to pull the trigger on a 3rd function valve kit, I've looked at the kit from everything attachments 3rd function auxilliary hydraulic kits for all brands of tractors and loaders! purchase online, free shipping within 1,000 miles!! (made by W R Long) it looks like a good kit and sells for around $840 with a $50 coupon so total will be around $790. tonight i saw this kit from construction attachments.

This is just a data point. I purchased this EA kit for my Mahindra 5035. It came with instructions and everything that I needed for installation. I am quite plesed with the end result. One issue that you will have to address regardless of where you buy it is getting power to the control. Most people would splice an electrical wire close to the control. I hated the idea of cutting my new wiring harness so I went to AutoZone and found a piggyback fuse. You can remove the factory fuse from your fuse block and install the piggyback fuse holder. This allows two circuits to be fused from the same location. I liked that. It is called a piggyback mini fuse holder and costs $6.99.

/ 3rd function valve kit #8  
kacole, I would contact Idaho implement (the second company you mentioned) and ask them if their kit is made by W. R. Long. Then you can compare the costs (including shipping) to see who has the better deal. Good luck. Stanley

Look at the control grips, 2 different grips completely. I doubt that the kits are from the same company.

/ 3rd function valve kit #9  
I'm fixing to pull the trigger on a 3rd function valve kit, I've looked at the kit from everything attachments 3rd function auxilliary hydraulic kits for all brands of tractors and loaders! purchase online, free shipping within 1,000 miles!! (made by W R Long) it looks like a good kit and sells for around $840 with a $50 coupon so total will be around $790. tonight i saw this kit from construction attachments.

This is just a data point. I purchased this EA kit for my Mahindra 5035. It came with instructions and everything that I needed for installation. I am quite plesed with the end result. One issue that you will have to address regardless of where you buy it is getting power to the control. Most people would splice an electrical wire close to the control. I hated the idea of cutting my new wiring harness so I went to AutoZone and found a piggyback fuse. You can remove the factory fuse from your fuse block and install the piggyback fuse holder. This allows two circuits to be fused from the same location. I liked that. It is called a piggyback mini fuse holder and costs $6.99.
They are also called add a fuse or fuse tap come in ATO, MINI and micro 2 sizes I use them all the time we order them from Waytek/

/ 3rd function valve kit #10  
If tractor has a remote valve, run lines back there to operate what ever you want.

:scratchchin: JM :2cents: worth