Block Heater Deere 110TLB JD 110 TLB

/ Block Heater Deere 110TLB JD 110 TLB #21  
TRANSMISSION OIL HEATER
You may need to drain some of the fluid.

OMLVU19603_A997.jpg

MP9524_________UN01JAN94.gif

/ Block Heater Deere 110TLB JD 110 TLB #22  
timer on block heater? I just installed a block heater on my JD 4100. Currently in the NW Mtns of NC it's getting down to 29f at night.
Makes it a lot better at starting the JD up. However.. with the randomness of when I use the John Deere. I was thinking of running a
timer on the outlet that the heater is plugged into. Something that would allow me to say, have it turn on at 8am warm the JD up for
30 mins...then turn on again around 10am..etc. that way it is always ready. Any suggestions on a timer?

/ Block Heater Deere 110TLB JD 110 TLB #23  
timer on block heater? I just installed a block heater on my JD 4100. Currently in the NW Mtns of NC it's getting down to 29f at night.
Makes it a lot better at starting the JD up. However.. with the randomness of when I use the John Deere. I was thinking of running a
timer on the outlet that the heater is plugged into. Something that would allow me to say, have it turn on at 8am warm the JD up for
30 mins...then turn on again around 10am..etc. that way it is always ready. Any suggestions on a timer?

/ Block Heater Deere 110TLB JD 110 TLB #24  
L
Thanks - if we do it, that's what we'll do...

What effect did it have? Even though it's pretty cold here in Vermont, the 110 always starts. On cold days, it takes a few cranks and then puts out some smoke for 10 or 15 seconds. Do we need a heater to give us some engine "protection" or is it overkill?

Thanks

Just because you can get the engine to hammer to life. Doesn't mean that you should. The crankcase oil is being diluted with unburned fuel as the line oil is being washed off the cylinder walls. The starter , battery and alternator have to work harder . Fuel efficiency is lower in a cold engine but wear is increased.
Use a coolant heater.
Ether is only for emergencies if somebody is going to die if the engine does not start.

Last edited: