Finally went to the dark side and replaced cab lights with LED's

/ Finally went to the dark side and replaced cab lights with LED's #1  

grsthegreat

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE hst cab
Well, ive been pretty happy with the old halogen lights i had on my Kioti cab tractor, but one of the rear lights had burnt out. While researching where to get another lamp, i found that they were only 35 watt lights not the 50 watt i thought they were. I tried unsuccessfully to find a 50 watt replacement lamp to fit the old housing.

Next came the search for LEd lights that will fit the system and fit the bracket. I located a CREE 36 watt LED on ebay for $35.00 each incl shipping. that was a great price. Ordered 4 of them and the fit the old brackets perfectly.

Took just over 2 hours to get them replaced..... most of the time figuring out how to lift lid on tractor. The service book was a bit confusing, but i finally got it all figured out. I cut off and reused the old push connectors from the old lights.

i really am impressed how bright these things are. The old lights were pretty good themselves, but these are very very bright.

i took a pic before and after lighting the shop wall. the before pic didnt come out very true to brightness .... it really was brighter than the picture looks. The after pic was pretty true to actual conditions.

existing bracket.jpgrear light.jpgrear light feed.jpgnew light mounted.jpgfront light installed.jpgrear light installed.jpgfront lights installed.jpglight remounted.jpg

heres the lights before.....original lighting.jpg

heres the after shot led lighting.jpg

/ Finally went to the dark side and replaced cab lights with LED's #2  
Good job. Much brighter than original.

/ Finally went to the dark side and replaced cab lights with LED's
went out and used them tonight after it got real dark....man, there 4x or more brighter.

/ Finally went to the dark side and replaced cab lights with LED's #4  
went out and used them tonight after it got real dark....man, there 4x or more brighter.

Nice, I'll have to do that myself one of these days.

/ Finally went to the dark side and replaced cab lights with LED's #6  
Like night and day! :)

/ Finally went to the dark side and replaced cab lights with LED's #7  
Nope! You LEFT the dark side.:D