QA Loader roll back angle adapter??

/ QA Loader roll back angle adapter?? #1  

chopped

Veteran Member
I was wondering if anyone has seem or has any ideas on some sort of adapter that would go in the plate like a wedge. and would increase the buckets rollback?This would increase the bucket capacity and also less spill over. i know it would cause problems when its up high but for moving material Id think it would be a good things to have.
Im thinking of some metal that would extend out the lower ''slot'to do this. but would be concerned as it would add pressure to the pin and also not distribute it over the whole paddle plate.

This video shows some rollback angles.to get an idea of what I want to buy or to make.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwmVAW_mlyw

/ QA Loader roll back angle adapter??
After looking at a backing plate this morning I was imagining maybe on the lower part some small tubing to create the angle .(more).so Im hoping all I need do is weld on some metal to catch the pins.I think even 2 inches or so of 'shim' would give the desired effect.
Good point on the breakout force..
My ideas is to be easier to move hauled in soils so I don't see that as a problem. Also I know when dumping it would not dumb quite as much at full lift.
One concern is that the pressures would be on the top of the QA plate and also on the lower part and nothing in-between.
For my application i don't think tha'ts a problem.

/ QA Loader roll back angle adapter?? #4  
COULD YOU USE LONGER STROKE CYLINDERS? Could be needed in conjonction with your bracket mods.

Pictures of your set-up?

COULD YOU USE LONGER STROKE CYLINDERS? Could be needed in conjonction with your bracket mods.

Pictures of your set-up?

hmm That wouldnt work. Im trying to increase the rollback on the bucket at a lower level. So the dirt would not spill. So id need shorter cylinders. And this would only be with the dirt bucket. any cylinder change would effect all the other attachments. But would benefit the forks as I dont like how they dont roll back much.
Basicaaly Im imagining the lower bracket with two slots .one would be standard and the other would be further out. So I could choose which one. But then the pressure would be on the pins and not on the face.(not good)
IMG_0935.jpg

Pictures of your set-up?

hmm That wouldnt work. Im trying to increase the rollback on the bucket at a lower level. So the dirt would not spill. So id need shorter cylinders. And this would only be with the dirt bucket. any cylinder change would effect all the other attachments. But would benefit the forks as I dont like how they dont roll back much.
Basicaaly Im imagining the lower bracket with two slots .one would be standard and the other would be further out. So I could choose which one. But then the pressure would be on the pins and not on the face.(not good)
IMG_0935.jpg

/ QA Loader roll back angle adapter?? #7  
Maybe you could add a removable steel wedge to transfer the load from the bucket to the two ssqa faceplates on the loader arms. On my kioti ck the ssqa plate is about 5" wide bottom 8" wide top. You will have to make sure you have good engagement between the top of ssqa and bucket, so it wont lift off the top lip. Especially when dumping. Also, if you get lazy and don't remove the wedge during ground engagement activity, and I have not thought this through , you may stress the loader arm linkages differently since the ssqa will actually be dumped some to get the bucket level.
I love the idea and it would be great to have the bucket curled more with the arms down to maximize bucket volume when traveling.
I will have to add this to my bucket list.

/ QA Loader roll back angle adapter?? #8  
I was wondering if anyone has seem or has any ideas on some sort of adapter that would go in the plate like a wedge. and would increase the buckets rollback?This would increase the bucket capacity and also less spill over. i know it would cause problems when its up high but for moving material Id think it would be a good things to have.
Im thinking of some metal that would extend out the lower ''slot'to do this. but would be concerned as it would add pressure to the pin and also not distribute it over the whole paddle plate.

This video shows some rollback angles.to get an idea of what I want to buy or to make.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwmVAW_mlyw

I'd asked the same question in the Kubota forum regarding my 504 loader with pin-on QA. I'm going to end up making a new QA plate with more angle to it. Right now, I've got about 4" offset in both pins but there's room at can shorten the top offset by about an inch gaining 10-15 deg on the rollback but loosing it on the dump.

Link to my question:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/326834-la504-roll-back-angle-improvement.html

Last edited:
   / QA Loader roll back angle adapter?? #9  

Instead of adding on the plate side, what about adding on the pin side? If your loader boom allows, extend the frame side brackets to add an additional lower pin hole 'behind' the existing one? This would in turn rotate the bucket around the upper pin giving you more rollback. If the boom design allows it to slide into the new deeper brackets, you could then pick between the holes by moving the lower pins depending on if you want max curl force or max rollback