Alternator b2320 kubota

/ Alternator b2320 kubota #1  

pat80014

Tractor
b2320
After adding lights. radio, and heater. The stock magnetic alternator does not keep up. Do they make something that is that small and produces more amps?

/ Alternator b2320 kubota #2  
:welcome:
To the forum. How many amps is it now?

/ Alternator b2320 kubota #3  
According to tractordata.com there are two available alternators. A 14.5 amp one and a 40 amp one.

/ Alternator b2320 kubota #4  
Yes, there is an alternator upgrade kit available. From Kubota whole goods it is only around a $100 I think.

/ Alternator b2320 kubota #5  
Yes, there is an alternator upgrade kit available. From Kubota whole goods it is only around a $100 I think.

I upgraded mine with the 40 amp kit about 10 years ago. I paid $200 CDN, but our loonie had tanked back then, just like it's doing again now.

/ Alternator b2320 kubota #6  
Change your lights to LED lights , they draw very little amps.

/ Alternator b2320 kubota #7  
After adding lights. radio, and heater. The stock magnetic alternator does not keep up. Do they make something that is that small and produces more amps?

Call Kubota and ask them if that 40amp upgrade is the magnet type, or is it a true self contained alternator. Your engine is only rated at 23 gross hp. Those magnet type units are nothing more than a magnet spinning around a stator assy. inside the housing. The ac voltage it produces is converted to dc voltage via a rectifier/regulator which is mounted somewhere on the tractor. Follow the 2 wire harness from the magnet generator & you will find it. If the 40A unit Kubota offers is a magnet type, then it would be a direct replacement bolt on, but I would ask them if the rectifier/regulator unit would handle the additional amps. If it's a true self contained alternator, then some wiring changes will need to be made. The true self-contained alternator would have a built in regulator, and would work just as well, with the additional wiring mods. needed. I used to work for my family's business for 25 years, we were an automotive service and parts whse., and we rebuilt starters, alternators, generators, magneto's, etc. for the AG/truck/marine industry's. I now work for a John Deere/Kubota/Volvo engine distributor, and I am quite familiar with starting & charging systems on off-road vehicles...:thumbsup:

/ Alternator b2320 kubota #8  
The 40 amp alternator kit is a true automotive style alternator. The kit comes with a small Denso alternator, a different drive belts, and instructions. You end up removing the rectifier assembly and changing the wiring a bit if I remember correctly.

/ Alternator b2320 kubota #9  
The 40 amp alternator kit is a true automotive style alternator. The kit comes with a small Denso alternator, a different drive belts, and instructions. You end up removing the rectifier assembly and changing the wiring a bit if I remember correctly.

If that's the case, and it's available in kit form with a true denso type AG style alternator w/built in regulator, that's what I would opt. for! Just be ready for sticker shock on the price of that kit, the alternator by itself is probably over $200. alone! Then again, sometimes the mfg. will surprise you with a kit price...:laughing:

/ Alternator b2320 kubota #10  
According to the Kubota website, you need B7311, high capacity alternator kit. Build my Kubota shows pricing at $192. You will probably want to order this through Kubota whole goods rather than parts. Check with your dealer or try one of the Kubota dealers on the forums.