Kubota B3350 12 V inside power connector??

/ Kubota B3350 12 V inside power connector?? #1  

speedyvelo

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L6060
Q: what power plug fits the connector inside the cub under the coffee cup holder
and where can I get it.

I want to install a back up camera and I have read the great thread started by 94builitt in this forum. I would like to use the internal power plug in my tractor and would be great to find the male of the adapter that comes with the tractor. Yes I could use separate cables but having the same type of adapter is my preference.

Thanks

-=terry=-

/ Kubota B3350 12 V inside power connector?? #2  
   / Kubota B3350 12 V inside power connector??
Varmint,

Thxs for your reply, unfortunately the accessory connector behind the seat in this Kubota B3350 is not a cigarette lighter type but is like a plastic casing that has two quick disconnects type of terminals that are arranged in T, so one is vertical the other is horizontal. I have never seen one of those connector but I am not an expert either.

-=terry=-

/ Kubota B3350 12 V inside power connector?? #4  
Varmint,

Thxs for your reply, unfortunately the accessory connector behind the seat in this Kubota B3350 is not a cigarette lighter type but is like a plastic casing that has two quick disconnects type of terminals that are arranged in T, so one is vertical the other is horizontal. I have never seen one of those connector but I am not an expert either.

-=terry=-

Often those type of T connectors can be bought online -- check DigiKey or Mouser and plan to spend a lot of time sorting the search results.

Many of them on Kubotas use standard 1/4" blade connectors for terminals inside the connector, so you have a couple options -- either make up your harness with 1/4" connectors and individually push them into the existing connector's terminals, or slide the individual terminal contacts out of the connector and hook up mating 1/4" connectors that way. That's what I did when wiring up custom rear work lights on my L3200 -- it's a permanent install and I didn't see the need to have the connector there anymore (it's really only for convenience when connecting the factory work light kit with the mating plug).

A small flat screwdriver is usually all that's needed to release the holding tabs to get terminals out of a connector. Once out you'll see they are standard 1/4" blade type, assuming what you described matches what I have seen on other Kubotas.

/ Kubota B3350 12 V inside power connector?? #5  
Ah- my L3400 has those, as well. I also used the 1/4" blade connectors, like s219, with tape around the whole thing to keep it clean and dry. No problems.

/ Kubota B3350 12 V inside power connector?? #6  
The kit to go from that connector to two round plugs on our L3830 (which has 2 flat terminals arranged in a T) is TD060-39910 and it runs $12.83 from Messicks.

Aaron Z

Guys,

Thank you.
I will use the 1/4 quick disconnects as you are doing it. Interesting Aaron message shows that seems to be a proprietary connector use by Kubota.
Well I will work on it as soon as weather improves.
The storm we are having now will be the first big test with the tractor.

-=terry

/ Kubota B3350 12 V inside power connector?? #8  
Guys,
Thank you.
I will use the 1/4 quick disconnects as you are doing it. Interesting Aaron message shows that seems to be a proprietary connector use by Kubota.
Well I will work on it as soon as weather improves.
The storm we are having now will be the first big test with the tractor.
-=terry
Its not proprietary, just uncommon around here. They are called a "2 Way T Shape Spade" connector.

Aaron Z

/ Kubota B3350 12 V inside power connector?? #9  
Yeah, I don't think it's proprietary either -- seen those used a lot. You should be able to find a generic version for a lot less money than Kubota wants, though shipping may kill you -- seems like you can't buy anything online without spending at least $6-7 for shipping these days.

Thanks again.
I wonder why Kubota went with this weird connector. I did a little search and it seems the few places they offer them are in the UK.
Well it not a big deal

-=terry=-