Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    2010 Kubota B3030

Default LED light bars

Hello all I'm very new to this I just bought my neighbors 2010 Kabota B3030 tractor. I've use it in the past and when I found out he was thinking of selling it I decided to make him an offer and bought it. There is no cab as I see others have but i have a bucket, backhoe, box grader, rake, plow and grapple. I wanted to add 2, 12" LED light bars to the protective roll bar one facing front and one rear. I figured this would get them up higher and more functional for me. I do a bunch of off roading and use these on my other machines. I figured I could use a Blue Sea water proof fuse block along with a relay i can tie it into a rocker switch. I really don't even know are there high beams on these things as i could tie it into that switch also. Has anyone done this and what do I need to look out for? I never thought there would be such a thing as mods for a tractor but i see a section for that on this forum also. Anything I should go find in that section that is a must do for this tractor?

Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

Default Re: LED light bars

Welcome to TBN.

There are many discussions on hooking up LED's.

At the top right corner of your page there should be a google search bar. Try searching on LED and ROPS.

Also it's kubota, not Kabota.

I personally hope to never own one Kubota again. Two yes, maybe three or four
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, 2 Piranha's, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller, 5' Big Bee cutter, with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all

Tractor
    2010 Kubota B3030

Quote Originally Posted by newbury View Post
    Welcome to TBN.

There are many discussions on hooking up LED's.

At the top right corner of your page there should be a google search bar. Try searching on LED and ROPS.

Also it's kubota, not Kabota.

I personally hope to never own one Kubota again. Two yes, maybe three or four
    Yep I was just doing a couple things at the same time as my grandson was bouncing on me and not paying attention to the spelling. Didn't mean to offend Kubota owners.......

Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

Quote Originally Posted by Mothgrey View Post
    Yep I was just doing a couple things at the same time as my grandson was bouncing on me and not paying attention to the spelling. Didn't mean to offend kubota owners.......
    I'm definitely NOT offended. I think I got my B7610 for a great bargain in 2009 because the guy spelled it Kabuta or such and it didn't turn up in the CL search engines. But I notice your profile tractor is:2010 Kobata B3030
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, 2 Piranha's, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller, 5' Big Bee cutter, with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all

Tractor
    LS XR3037HC

You also need to change the spelling in your profile from Kobata to kubota.

Also, Welcome to TBN.................................

LS XR3037HC w/ 66" QA loader bucket, 7'6" Diamond QA snow plow, 7'6" Snow pusher box, Ford flail mower, 6' Box Blade, Comer post hole digger, QA Skid steer forks, Woods BH750-3 Backhoe, PJ 14K 22' trailer, 16' 10K Cross Country Dump trailer, Chevy Ext. Cab 4x4, 24' Enclosed trailer, Homemade 3 pt. trailer mover, 3 pt. QA hitch, 850 lb or 1200 lb rear ballasts, Hydraulic thumb attachment for bucket or forks.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B8200, then a Kubota L3130 HST, now a Kubota L3400 HST

Welcome, and to answer your question, there is indeed a high beam circuit. Also, I believe you will find a fused circuit, but no switch, just the two yellow wires, going to the inside top back of the rear fenders for future work lights. They end in a bullet receptacle. You can cut the wire coming out of the back of the fuse box, and use that as a switched (its only hot when the ignition switch is on) power source for your lights. The headlights are mostly useless whenever you have your loader on. A member named 4shorts has done some great threads on installing light bars on his Kubotas in years gone by. He also has a lot of Youtube videos featuring his tractor mods, under Paul Short... I grabbed this link to get you connected with his videos... it's not one on actual light bar installations, but gives an overview of his big kubota.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MTFZDmgziU

Tractor
    2006 Kioti CK30HST

I just found the harness on the firewall of my Kioti that contained the plug for the headlights, since they are useless most times with a loader, I just cut the low beam wire off and used that for my LED lights I mounted at the top of my roof. Already switched and fused you just have to get (in most cases) a single wire to the lights with ground being the frame. If you still want the headlights then forget this idea ( i don't think you would even see them come on with the LED's on anyway)

Steve

Tractor
    2010 Kubota B3030

Thanks guys for the replies I appreciate it. I'll need to decide what I'm going to do, at the moment I have an extra 12" LED light I took off another toy so thinking I'll add it here. Just too many other projects going on and not enough time. :-)

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2013 Kubota L3301

I understand already having a light bar and wanting to use it. But if you end up buying them, my personal suggestion is get the longest ones that will fit in your rops. I think mine are either 24" or 36". And something else to consider. I originally wired mine to the existing plug in the back but quickly grew tired of it turning off when I killed the tractor. So I now have both light bars running off of their own dedicated power wires from the positive starter lug, through relays, with toggle switches mounted next to the seat. It's probably a tie between these and the ridiculously ugly homemade grapple for being the best mod on the tractor

Tractor
    Kubota BX-25D, JD circa 1990 Lawn Tractor

I went with 4 x 27w LEDs, two facing fwd, and two to the rear. These are independently adjustable to point in virtually any direction (great for BH work). I wired them up to an independent aux fuse box and the ignition so they wouldn't accidentally be left on with key on. Added two switches to the dash to separately control front and rear. Thanks to 4shorts for the idea and advice.

I think the light bars are cool looking, meaning a lower profile (more head room on ROPS) but how do you focus/point the light? Not necessary? Seems this would be an issue in optimizing the beam direction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast