A few simple mods.

/ A few simple mods. #1  

Billrog

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti 2610, 580 SuperM Case Backhoe
Nothing fancy like some here but got a start on a few things.Moved the small tool box to the front and put a larger one on the back.

Only had a step on one side so made another one.

Made a bracket and bolted it to existing one that all rwady had threaded holes to hole my chain saw.

The chain saw can come in and out or the whole scabbard can come off.

Friction fit very tight.

There will be a few more before I'm happy eg. move the key.
I'd like to thank everyone for all the inspiration I get here.

/ A few simple mods. #2  
Nice mods, I especially like the pex on the loader tube level indicator. I have the exposed part of the rod painted, but it requires touching up the paint to often. Will be buying a piece of pex very soon. One thing I did was extend the parking brake lever.

image-2727015556.jpg

/ A few simple mods.
An extended parking brake is also on my list to do & keeping open to other ideas I read or see here.

/ A few simple mods. #5  
No mirrors yet?

I like the rear hydraulic lever extension... those are short! Have to use fingertips to move them as is. Thanks.

/ A few simple mods. #6  
Looks good!

I've also enjoyed adding LED lights, a home grown tool tray and more to my tractor and utv. Really makes them your own doesn't it? I could easily pick either of mine out of a line up of hundreds of the same model.

/ A few simple mods. #7  
ForumRunner_20150403_225439.png

I wanted a way to carry a shovel. This is the only way I could figure out to carry it. Granted, I have to remove the shovel when I use the back hoe, but I have to get off of the tractor to operate it any way, so I don't see it as a big inconvenience.

/ A few simple mods.
Finally did copied Amvcane's park break idea and used what I had laying around much easier than bending down trying to find the lever.

Works like a charm

/ A few simple mods. #9  
Nice work Bill. I like how you made the rod slide up and down and not lever further into the operators station. Old printers are excellent sources of gears rods and springs.
Now we need a pic of your new toolbox. Mine is just a metal box I had lying around. Magnet on back of seat to hold the lid open, and three magnets go on the box to hold the SMV sign when I take to the road.

image-747893478.jpg

/ A few simple mods. #10  
I'm with Derek, personalization is King.

There are those that will say their tractor is perfectly built and requires no modifications. I say they are simply pacifists or lack the drive to make the modifications. I've done 12 modifications to the Kubota. 4 to the Ford so far. :)