2015 BX25D - plans for "upgrades"

/ 2015 BX25D - plans for "upgrades" #11  
Thanks for the heads up...I don't plan on pulling large loads, just some brush in a small utility trailer, maybe a stump or two. With the BH in place I'm not to worried about flipping backward...I'll be careful to be sure. The pulling point on the front will not be with the loader bucket...winch connected to hitch receiver connected to frame.

Thanks for the advice.

I get that the hoe could stop a backward flip, but it's more about causing an imbalance that could render loss of control that could lead to a tip over, roll over, etc. These things can happen in a blink, better to not unintentionally increase the risks if avoidable.

Here's what's been working for me. I have tons of tree damage from this past winter, on all kinds of land on 25 acres. Some are huge overgrown apples that split at the trunk base into 3 or more pieces.
Birches, pines, etc.
I go to the area in question with the tractor. I bring along my ATV with dumpable flatbed cart with floating ATV type tyres and floating tandem mid-mount axles. I place cut sections of logs branches etc. on the cart and haul loads to burn pile/dumping area by the ATV. The tractor is equipped with a 4000# Igland winch and GR-20 log grapple. It can handle most anything including entire trees 40'+.

/ 2015 BX25D - plans for "upgrades"
I own a BX 24, and I suggest that you rethink mounting a ball or hitch to the BH. The pulling force of the tractor is too strong to transfer the load to the BH if the trailor gets hung.

The hitch ball will not be mounted to the BH but to the step. I'll be very careful and let you all know what I decide after I test it out.
Thanks for the advice.

/ 2015 BX25D - plans for "upgrades" #13  
There is a receiver hitch that is sold for the BX25 designed to bolt the subframe in the back. It should protect the HST case from the back. The only downide is your BH has to be off in order to use the hitch.

I considered adding a receiver hitch to the back of the bucket on my BX25. I'm not sure how well it would work. More thought needed.

For your charging port its never too early to install one. I started a thread on TBN about the Powerlet and added pics. Its worth the $30 IMHO.

On your list I don't believe I saw a toothbar. You might consider the BXpanded PTB. I also posted install pics in a thred on that as well.

There is a receiver hitch that is sold for the BX25 designed to bolt the subframe in the back. It should protect the HST case from the back. The only downide is your BH has to be off in order to use the hitch.

I considered adding a receiver hitch to the back of the bucket on my BX25. I'm not sure how well it would work. More thought needed.

For your charging port its never too early to install one. I started a thread on TBN about the Powerlet and added pics. Its worth the $30 IMHO.

On your list I don't believe I saw a toothbar. You might consider the BXpanded PTB. I also posted install pics in a thred on that as well.

The only reason I want the hitch on the BH step is to be able to have the utility trailer (4x6ft) there while I have the BH on. Like I said, I'll try a few things and let you all know how it works out. Toothbar would be nice but I think I can handle the ground around here with the BH and FEL. Maybe in the future...I saw you charger port and that's what I plan to do!

:cool2:It here It's here! :cool2:

Barlow's dropped it off this AM and I got to work right away! The Grapple is awesome, plus! BH works great for tilling the garden too!

Now I'm hoping it rains tomorrow so I can get busy with measurements and figure out what's next.

Like they say "Happiness is a new toy - er tool."

Attachments

• CIMG1787.jpg
    CIMG1787.jpg
    684.5 KB · Views: 358
  • CIMG1788.jpg
    CIMG1788.jpg
    805.4 KB · Views: 310
  • CIMG1789.jpg
    CIMG1789.jpg
    1,001.8 KB · Views: 290
  • CIMG1790.jpg
    CIMG1790.jpg
    850.5 KB · Views: 382
  • CIMG1791.jpg
    CIMG1791.jpg
    1,012.9 KB · Views: 327
  • CIMG1792.jpg
    CIMG1792.jpg
    946.7 KB · Views: 302
  • CIMG1793.jpg
    CIMG1793.jpg
    1,017.6 KB · Views: 288
   / 2015 BX25D - plans for "upgrades" #16  
Very, very nice... especially droolin' over the grapple.

/ 2015 BX25D - plans for "upgrades" #18  
Very, very nice... especially droolin' over the grapple.

Yep, even on a small tractor, a grapple is a handy thing to have. A real back saver.

Maine Tom, can you use that grapple with the bucket on?

No - the Grapple and Bucket are separate...quick hitch makes it easy to swap.

Put 7 hours on the little beast so far...did more work in those 7 hours than I've done in weeks! :)
Getting ready to build the "skid plate" design is complete and I've found all the materials that I need. One piece of "plate" is a slide out drawer from an old typewriter desk. It's pretty rugged, and with a little reinforcing it will be great. It's a perfect fit for a rear guard protecting the filter and PTO. The other "plate" is another re-purposed piece from some type of cabinet. Again perfect size, no cutting required. It will go in the front. I plan to leave the OEM guard in place but use the mounting points by using some longer bolts to hang a bracket. Once I have the fab done I'll post pictures. Did I say how much I love this machine! :dance1: