Advice on bucket hooks

/ Advice on bucket hooks #51  
Awesome advice, thanks! These are the hooks I was looking at using. Sorry for the link as my phone won't let me add pics for some reason. If I sandwiched the bucket between two 1/4" steel plates and put the hook on top of the top plate, would that be sufficient or would I have to weld on the plates for them to be effective? I'm only a novice welder so welding on a brand new bucket makes me a bit nervous haha.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001G...=Tow+hooks&dpPl=1&dpID=41k0SOv79dL&ref=plSrch

These work fine. Harbor Freight has them for about $6 each from time to time.Take about 5 min to install. I have one on each side of the loader and a 2" receiver in the middle . The receiver lets you put in a tow ball,clevis or even another hook. A 3 foot piece of 2 inch with a hook in the end is handy for lighter stuff as it gives you more reach and forms a short boom.

/ Advice on bucket hooks #52  
I welded a piece of angle across the top of the loader bucket to reinforce the bucket and to give a sturdy flat surface to weld on a pair of grab hooks.
I WISH I WOULD HAVE FLIPPED THE ANGLE and slotted it! Grab hooks only grab one way, and that has been a problem a couple of times.

Slotted angle just makes so much sense, Standard issue on logging winches to tie in a hitch.
Rings and loops and all sorts of "extras" can be accommodated with short lengths of chain that terminate in the appropriate fitting.

Like I wrote, I wish I would have done the slotted angle. I feel it is the most versatile.

Slotted angle has worked for me on two tractors starting back in '02. They withstand any stress I can impose on them. The deck being moved is a 6' Landpride RFM. The Ford wouldn't start, so I hooked it up and lifted the front end. Then I picked it up and brought it up the garage like a two-wheeled wheelbarrow. Chains can get hooked front or back. A HD loadbinder is what holds the forks on. Extra chain can be draped over the bucket by dropping them into extra slots.

Attachments

• Deck Up.jpg
    Deck Up.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 293
  • Hooks Top.JPG
    Hooks Top.JPG
    667.1 KB · Views: 296
  • Hooks Standup.jpg
    Hooks Standup.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 268
  • Moving Ford.jpg
    Moving Ford.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 283
  • Back Hooks.JPG
    Back Hooks.JPG
    628.1 KB · Views: 298
   / Advice on bucket hooks #53  
I installed three grab hooks two shackle mounts and a receiver on my bucket. Best mod for the tractor. With the addition of the big receiver mounted hook I can move three point implements around without getting off and on the tractor. I use the center receiver mounted hook all the time. It stays mounted most of the time and does not interfere with loader work.

DSC00020.JPGDSC00013.JPGDSC00022.JPGDSC00038.JPGDSC00036.JPG