Front End Loader

/ Front End Loader #1  

TBAR

Gold Member
Tractor
IH2444 & 1949 Farmall Cub
What would be a good frond end loader to put on this IH2444 tractor and how hard would it be for me to install???

IH2444 Tractor

TBAR

/ Front End Loader #2  
Bushhog makes a wide selection of loaders. I put one on a much smaller Kubota. It has worked well for me, for three years now.

Be prepared when you hear the prices though. You are probably looking at $3-4k.

/ Front End Loader #3  
TBAR,

I've seen loaders from BushHog, Allied, and several others. Check out the hydraulic capabilites of your tractor to make sure they are up to what you would like to do with the loader. Be prepared to get a good workout steering if that old IH doesn't have power steering. Also beware that loaders on 2WD tractors have some limitations. If you scale the loader to the tractor and set your expectations accordingly, you can do plenty with it though. As mentioned above, be prepared to spend upwards of 3K unless you find a good used one.

good luck /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Front End Loader #4  
best bet is to ask a dealer , which loader would work and fit on that tractor! can't really say how hard it would be to do yourself. all fels add cost , and this might be a bit more costly, but in the long run it is worth it, u get to do things that u could not do without a fel and it will add value to your tractor if u ever decide to sell it.

/ Front End Loader
I like this little tractors low profile for getting under trees, wide stance for stability, and power steering. It would be better if it had a ROPS and FEL.

TBAR

/ Front End Loader #6  
Your IH2444 looks to be essentially be the same as the IH444 that I have, diesel without power sterring. I inquired a few years ago and was told that the dealer could not find that tractor in the list that could be fitted. I was advised that it was not a good idea to put a FEL on a tractor without power steering plus the likelyhood was I would also have to put a PTO mounted hydraulic pump on the tractor to provide the necessary flow and pressure. I am planning on trading in on a Kubota L3130 with FEL. Food for thought.

/ Front End Loader
My understanding is the IH2444 is the industrial cousin of the IH444. It is a diesel, it does have power steering and remotes.

Your comment about the lack of availability of a fel for it rings a bell. Seems like I have inquired about getting one from a dealer and when I told them it was an industrial unit they said they couldn't get one for it. Huuuuummmmm, wonder why that would be.

TBAR

/ Front End Loader #8  
You might want to see if Koyker has a FEL for your 2444.
If you get one, be sure to get some rear end ballast.
Ballast is essential for safe operation of a loader.

/ Front End Loader #9  
I have an IH2444. It is the industrial version of an IH 444. The only differences are a heavy duty front axle and a foot throttle. They come in both gas and diesel engines. Mine came with an IH 2050 loader on it. It also has a seperate pump for the loader mounted on the front and driven by from the front end of the crankshaft. There are 2 brackets that mount on the ftont bolster and the rear of the loader frame bolts to the rear axle. A very sturdy loader, My friend has a trip loader on his 2444 that mounts at the mounting points on the tranny case and brackets bolted to the front bolster. Not sure of the brand of his loader though. His loader is hooked to his remote valves.

Does your loader have remote valves ? If so this is a way you could run your loader.

/ Front End Loader
Yes my tractor has remotes in the rear. Do you happen to have any pictures of you our your friends tractor w/FEL that I could look at???

TBAR