LED LIghts added to B2650

/ LED LIghts added to B2650 #1  

Porchfan

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 Kubota B2650 HSD, 2020 BX2380, JD LX-277 lawn tractor 2000
Added a couple TS LED work lights Navigator 4 in. Round Heavy-Duty LED Utility Light | TractorSupply to the ROPS on my B2650. I fabricated a steel bracket / clamp for the lights so no drilling into the ROPS was required. The spacing between the center of the bolt holes was exactly 1.75 inches. When you use a 1/4 screw, that aligns the inside difference to 1.5 inches which is the thickness of that side of the rops. I clamped it together with six 1/4-20 four inch screws. I then routed the wire down the rops to the cigarette lighter near the arm rest. I'll probably either put the wires inside the ROPS square tubing or run it through conduit when I'm done. Here's a short Youtube video of the mods I made. Check it out...

Last edited:
   / LED LIghts added to B2650

Attachments

• IMG_3916.jpg
    IMG_3916.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 585
  • IMG_3915.jpg
    IMG_3915.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG_3914.jpg
    IMG_3914.jpg
    966.8 KB · Views: 609
  • IMG_3911.jpg
    IMG_3911.jpg
    891.7 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_3909.jpg
    IMG_3909.jpg
    960.2 KB · Views: 682
   / LED LIghts added to B2650
The work pretty good. Here's my trek I made at dusk tonight.

/ LED LIghts added to B2650 #4  
Nice work! I'm looking for something to add to my ROPS to help with winter time snow blowing. Also thinking about a light bar too....

/ LED LIghts added to B2650 #5  
Hi Porchfan,

Those lights look nice & toss a nice light in the woods!

You mentioned you're thinking of maybe using some external conduit for the wires. Would the conduit interfere with folding the ROPS down?

If you run the wiring inside the ROPS via drilling holes in your ROPS and run the wires inside the square tubing.... I suspect that would involve at least one or two 3/8" hole at the top and another at the bottom of the upright ......are you at all concerned about weakening the ROPS protection capabilities?

BarnieTrk

/ LED LIghts added to B2650 #6  
Nice work and video, Porchfan! Have you thought about adding a wheelspinner to that steering wheel? You can make that drive to the woods one-handed. CountyLine Deluxe Wheel Spinner - For Life Out Here I finally got around to putting one on all three of my machines, and now wouldn't be without them.

/ LED LIghts added to B2650 #7  
Really like the 2650 and the light addition.
if you decide to add the spinner, look at the dealer also, really liked the quality of the Kubota one and it was only a few bucks more.

/ LED LIghts added to B2650 #8  
Not to diminish your work Porchfan, but here's a video of my Amazon $11 27W lights in blackness.

4 front, 2 rear, sides are 18W as is the middle utility in the back.

I'd also suggest running the wire inside the ROPS.

/ LED LIghts added to B2650 #9  
I'd also suggest running the wire inside the ROPS.

Hi Jim,

Did you have to drill holes in your ROPS structure to run the wires inside it?
If so, are you at all concerned that you may have weakened it by drilling holes in it?

BarnieTrk

/ LED LIghts added to B2650 #10  
My ROPS is 2x3x.250 tubing. I put one .250" and one .375" hole in the inside of the 3" dimension for wiring, and two .250 threaded holes in the center of the 2" dimension for mounting the light bar. I'm not concerned at all about weakening the structure. There's two .375" holes on the top back of the 2" dimension from the factory at a similar distance from the radius to where my additional holes are.

You can poke a lot of holes in tubing and not diminish it's strength to any degree. It's more about how much material you remove and how close to the corners you remove it. Lots of paranoia around here about the ROPS that's unfounded.