3PH control from behind tractor

/ 3PH control from behind tractor #1  

jmc

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 1920 4x4 (traded in on Kubota). Case 480F TLB w/4 in 1 bucket, 4x4. Gehl CTL60 tracked loader, Kubota L4330 GST
Hello,

Tweaking the height of the lower links while hooking up attachments is a pain because its hard to reach my control handle standing on the ground behind the tractor. If you're on the right side, you can stretch for the handle but if you're on the left, you have to stand on the links and still stretch to reach it. This project was to add a second control handle that is convenient to reach from the back of the tractor.

The attached picture is taken from the back of the tractor, facing forward, along the inside of the right rear fender. The blue horizontal stepped shaft is the 3PH control shaft. The blue original handle is welded to its right end and that handle goes up thru the slot in the floor. Also attached to the control shaft is the shiney new second handle. (the only clean part on the tractor). The handle is about 15 inches long and extends to within easy reach of the back. The next post is a wider angle of the same view.

John

Attachments

• 388967-DSC00460.JPG
    388967-DSC00460.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,207
   / 3PH control from behind tractor
Last photo. You have to look carefully for the handle- about 5 inches above the right rear axle.

Attachments

• 388968-DSC00459.JPG
    388968-DSC00459.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 925
   / 3PH control from behind tractor #3  
Outstanding. What a time saver that should be. Great pictures and looks very easy to duplicate. Thanks

/ 3PH control from behind tractor #4  
John that looks like a good idea to me. Looks like the rear axle will help to protect the lever that you added so it shouldn't be brushed as you are using the tractor. Good Work! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 3PH control from behind tractor #5  
Great idea ! Clean, solid, simple. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ 3PH control from behind tractor #6  
I agree.. great idea.. just be careful about being between the implement and the tractor when raising/lowering.. having to go around to the side of the tractor is the built in safety factor.

/ 3PH control from behind tractor #7  
John, that's a very clean and professional looking job. I think you will get lots of use out of it. The only thing I think I might have done different (considering hindsight is 20-20) is to make the handle removable. You could mount some clips up on the fender to put the handle into when it's not in use. If you get into brush or mud, you might find a limb or clod of mud hitting the handle and causing your 3PH to suddenly raise or lower. Also, the extra weight of the handle may cause the 3PH to self-adjust as you go over rough terrain.

If you could leave the collar around the shaft and remove the handle when not in use, I'd say your invention was even marketable. Nice job! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ 3PH control from behind tractor #8  
Jim I had toyed with that idea as well. Go one step further if you used a nut large enough to snugly fit over the control rod tapped with a hex screw to lock it in place your removable handle could be an open end wrench easily carried in your pocket.

/ 3PH control from behind tractor #9  
Mike, at my "advanced age" if I had to remember to carry it, I'd never have it when I need it. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif I like toolboxes with the cutout shape of the tool so I can easily organize things. Otherwise, I'd never find the right tool when I need it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Did I mention that I'm a little scatter-brained? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ 3PH control from behind tractor #10  
Jim I think we all get like that over 50, and yes I'm well, over 50 and then some. I have been known to write numbers on wooden tool handles so I'll hang them back up on the pole barn wall in the same place. I also sometimes trace around the tool itself with a pencil if it's hanging on the wall so I again know where to hang it back up.. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Ever go out in the parking lot at a WalMart and hit the panic button on the car remote so that you can remember where you left the SUV? I have. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I never forget where I last parked my tractor though. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif