Anyone have a belt scabbard fro a sawzall?

/ Anyone have a belt scabbard fro a sawzall? #1  

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
Anyone have a belt scabbard for a sawzall?

I've been using my Dewalt 20V max sawzall a lot recently and have cleared about 1000 sq feet of dense 30' tall bamboo. And have twice that much to go.

It would really help if I had a scabbard/holster on my belt that I could slip the sawzall in while I guide the bamboo to the ground.

I tried searching on sawzall scabbard/holster but didn't find anything.

Has anyone seen or used one?

Last edited:
   / Anyone have a belt scabbard fro a sawzall? #2  
I've been using my Dewalt 20V max sawzall a lot recently and have cleared about 1000 sq feet of dense 30' tall bamboo. And have twice that much to go.

It would really help if I had a scabbard/holster on my belt that I could slip the sawzall in while I guide the bamboo to the ground.

I tried searching on sawzall scabbard/holster but didn't find anything.

Has anyone seen or used one?

Could you attach a simple belt clip to the sawzall so you could clip it to your belt to free up your hands. Another possibility would be to attach a caribiner to the sawzall then clip that to your belt or a ring hung from the belt.

/ Anyone have a belt scabbard fro a sawzall? #3  
I've seen some cordless drill holsters that are just a steel hook that goes onto your belt. It's hinged so it can fold flat against your hip when not needed. It's meant to just catch the base of the drill handle where it flairs out to the battery. Could likely work with sawzall too but never actually tried one.

The short webbing and carabineer is a good idea. Probably as easy as anything

/ Anyone have a belt scabbard fro a sawzall? #4  
How about using something like a rifle sling?

Steve

/ Anyone have a belt scabbard fro a sawzall? #5  
When I worked as a framer I had a big soft leather bag in the middle of my tool belt on the back. Regular tool/nail pouches on the sides. I threw a big hammer or a drill or anything else large into the bag on the back. It is easy to toss in, easy to get out, and completely out of the way otherwise.

/ Anyone have a belt scabbard fro a sawzall?
When I worked as a framer I had a big soft leather bag in the middle of my tool belt on the back. Regular tool/nail pouches on the sides. I threw a big hammer or a drill or anything else large into the bag on the back. It is easy to toss in, easy to get out, and completely out of the way otherwise.
That MIGHT work. The "clip on" I'm thinking is a no-go because I don't want the blade brushing against my leg. It's SHARP even when it's off.

/ Anyone have a belt scabbard fro a sawzall? #7  
For more safety you could use any knife scabbard to slip on the blade then throw the tool in the bag.

/ Anyone have a belt scabbard fro a sawzall? #8  
if hung from the belt the weight might pull your pants down. just a thought to keep in the back of your mind!!!

/ Anyone have a belt scabbard fro a sawzall? #9  
if hung from the belt the weight might pull your pants down. just a thought to keep in the back of your mind!!!

No ****.

As said maybe something like a rifle sling. Tie a rope or strap to it, and throw over shoulder. Maybe a backpack, leave open.

Next thread will be to help pick suspenders. Which is what I would wear if you actually tried to do this. Maybe look at carpentars tool belt with big padded suspenders.

Just a hook on the belt, seems like a bad idea.

/ Anyone have a belt scabbard fro a sawzall? #10  
I really don't like things hanging on me, so I simply use some gravity to hold them to the ground near where I am working. Bright colors help, too.

:)

Bruce