Loader Camera (pics)

/ Loader Camera (pics) #1  

JLwoodworks

Silver Member
Tractor
LS XR3135HC
Heres my loader cam install.
Couldnt see the pallet forks going into the pallet so this was my solution. Should also aid in alignment when swapping attachments. Around $42 for the camera and screen on Amazon.

Jay

22892784630_20f54d6f76_z.jpg
[/url]camera mount by Jason, on Flickr[/IMG]

22794426257_c9bd9551d7_z.jpg
[/url]front facing camera by Jason, on Flickr[/IMG]

Built a weatherpack connector harness to allow the loader to be removed
22794420537_2daefcfdef_z.jpg
[/url]weatherpack connectors on camera harness by Jason, on Flickr[/IMG]

Made a low profile bracket to mount the screen in the least obtrusive place i could find
23162475666_4a4d44d950_z.jpg
[/url]camera screen by Jason, on Flickr[/IMG]

22794427937_9152c80a99_z.jpg
[/url]front camera by Jason, on Flickr[/IMG]

I purchased the same Carling L series switches the factory used to operate the camera, seen here on the bottom right. flip the switch, and the screen and camera come on together instantly. no need to touch any other buttons. Used my label maker to put on a pic of a camera
22892788700_2ed9d30d9c_z.jpg
[/url]camera screen and new switch by Jason, on Flickr[/IMG]

22892794130_8386d343ee_z.jpg
[/url]camera view by Jason, on Flickr[/IMG]

/ Loader Camera (pics) #2  
Looks good, Jason. But without a wider shot, I'm having a hard time seeing where your camera is mounted relative to the rest of the FEL.

/ Loader Camera (pics)
Ahh I should have taken a better pic. It's tucked in under the hydraulic line shield on the large tube between the loader arms

/ Loader Camera (pics) #4  
Nice work!

/ Loader Camera (pics) #5  
How is the view when the bucket is on? Can you see over the bucket as well?

I would be interested in checking it out in person some time if you are willing to share!

/ Loader Camera (pics)
Threepoint, does this help?
23260740865_463063d935_z.jpg
[/url]Loader camera by Jason, on Flickr[/IMG]

Also, here's a better view of the screen bracket I made.
23260739275_2d0cd5d117_z.jpg
[/url]Loader camera screen mount by Jason, on Flickr[/IMG]

Mangus, unfortunately the view is just of the back of the bucket. I toyed with the idea of mounting the camera to the brush guard for a different angle, but found the view of the fork tips obstructed and the camera more vulnerable.
You're welcome to come and check it out for yourself. Where in N.Y.are you?

Jay

/ Loader Camera (pics) #7  
Yep, thanks for the additional pic. Looks like the location works well for the forks.

/ Loader Camera (pics) #8  
Wow. That looks really good; nice job JL. I am considering doing something like this and have been looking at some backup camera systems. Can you tell us which camera and screen you bought from Amazon.

/ Loader Camera (pics)
   / Loader Camera (pics) #10  
I also have the 7" monitor with front and back cameras. I did not hard mount the front camera but stuck it to a heavy round magnet. Then I can reposition the camera for use with the bucket or forks. Rear cam is mounted to the top of a tool box I added.