Ford 1710 high crop/ row crop

/ Ford 1710 high crop/ row crop #1  

Keith1981

Tractor
John Deere 2210
Good day every one.
I am wanting to buy a ford 1710 standard. However I would like to make it a high crop. I know I and buy the offset model I however would rather have the normal tractor but the hight of the offset. Can anyone tell me can this be done or will I have to buy the offset model?
Thank you. Keith

/ Ford 1710 high crop/ row crop #2  
Raising the front is easy--just replace the wheel spindles with longer ones.
The rear axle is the problem since the offset model uses bull gear axles for increased height while the 1710 standard has standard straight rear axle.

Looks like you'll have to find one of those rare 1710 offset models.

I used to collect high crops (Minneapolis Moline BF, Oliver 60, Farmall Cub, Farmall Super A) all of which had bull gear axles.

My 1949 JD B had wide front axle with tall spindles and 38" dia rear wheel rims.

JD-B front.JPGJD-B left.JPGJD-B rear.JPG

A setup like this on the 1710 might work.

Good luck

/ Ford 1710 high crop/ row crop
Thank you for the response. I was thinking about putting bigger tires on, but am wondering if they would interfere with the 3pt implements. I want to still be able to cultivate with it.
I can't find any info on if I could buy the bull gear axles and put them one a standard 1710. That's what I was hoping to do.

/ Ford 1710 high crop/ row crop #4  
Thank you for the response. I was thinking about putting bigger tires on, but am wondering if they would interfere with the 3pt implements. I want to still be able to cultivate with it.
I can't find any info on if I could buy the bull gear axles and put them one a standard 1710. That's what I was hoping to do.

Don't think you'll have any problems with the 3pt if you use larger diameter rear wheels. Just use longer lift arms. Tractor Supply has some about 3 ft long.

You have to go to a tractor salvage yard like this one

https://www.tractorpartsasap.com/SearchResults.asp?
searching=Y&sort=7&search=Ford+1710&show=30&page=3

to have any hope of finding those bull gear axles.

Good luck