Anchor for my backhoe

/ Anchor for my backhoe #11  
Or build an effective dolly on wheels?
Go put that tractor to work. The tires have hardly been used and the paint isn't even scratched on the backhoe bucket. :laughing:

Last edited:
   / Anchor for my backhoe #12  
So long as there is no radiant heat in the floor get a hammer drill and some sleeve anchors and some concrete HAMMER drill bits, NOT regular concrete bits, (they're not strong enough for a hammer drill use).
I've got the same issues, but do have room, barely to use the stabilizers, though I'd prefer not to, and I have radiant heat in my floors, so I can't drill into them. I also have SwissTrax floor covering, polyethylene tiles so that makes using the stabilizers more difficult now. I'm going to be building a better dolly rig sometime this winter when I can no longer do outside chores in decent weather/ soft ground, like now.
In the meantime you might be able to lag into your sillplates, where you have the holes in the wall to better anchor your chain(s)?

/ Anchor for my backhoe
So long as there is no radiant heat in the floor get a hammer drill and some sleeve anchors and some concrete HAMMER drill bits, NOT regular concrete bits, (they're not strong enough for a hammer drill use).
I've got the same issues, but do have room, barely to use the stabilizers, though I'd prefer not to, and I have radiant heat in my floors, so I can't drill into them. I also have SwissTrax floor covering, polyethylene tiles so that makes using the stabilizers more difficult now. I'm going to be building a better dolly rig sometime this winter when I can no longer do outside chores in decent weather/ soft ground, like now.
In the meantime you might be able to lag into your sillplates, where you have the holes in the wall to better anchor your chain(s)?

I was thinking exactly that and I even bought a new hammer drill. It would be good for pulling it off but I would like to see about fabricating a small platform with a front and rear bracket to bolt to the floor to handle the push and pull process. thanks

/ Anchor for my backhoe #14  
I would try a wooden dolly with sections of tire glued and screwed to the base where it touches the concrete. That should stick to the ground pretty well with no permanent damage to your floor.

If you have to drill, make sure you don't have a post-tension slab. Drilling into that type of slab could render the entire floor useless.