Kubota L3301HST/LA525 modifications

/ Kubota L3301HST/LA525 modifications #11  
Looks great... what else are you planning to do? Are you going to load the back tires?

/ Kubota L3301HST/LA525 modifications #12  
Looks great... what else are you planning to do? Are you going to load the back tires?
I consider that a requirement. They aren't safe or half as functional without loaded rears.

/ Kubota L3301HST/LA525 modifications #13  
My power SSQA install might be interesting for further pimping. Although it would be less useful if you still had to connect/disconnect 3rd function hoses.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/321704-linear-actuator-power-ssqa.html

I love my bucket hooks & ROPS lights, but not as thrilled with the bucket cam (just not as useful as I'd hoped).

TnT is insanely useful if you do any grading work. It also makes hitching up an implement to a quick hitch an event that doesn't require getting off the tractor.

/ Kubota L3301HST/LA525 modifications #14  
Looks good and congrads;you will need some weight on the back+loaded rears.

/ Kubota L3301HST/LA525 modifications
The back tires are loaded. I have plans for a carryall to carry more.
That rock is pretty heavy as you can see. That is a poser shot <laughing>. The tractor won't pick it up. The curl is the only way it lifted the rear end.
I wasn't moving anywhere.
Awww man. I didn't even know there was a power SSQA MOD! You guys are like crack dealers.

/ Kubota L3301HST/LA525 modifications #17  
Congrats on the new tractor and the mods you are doing. All looks good and I can tell you are having fun which is the most important part.

gg

/ Kubota L3301HST/LA525 modifications #18  
First thing after spending hours and hours reading through the back posts, I had to have a set of bucket hooks. Being as I also use straps a lot as well as chains, at least one Clevis for a shackle mount was necessary. With all that shiny orange paint I couldn't bear to weld on it yet. It was hard enough to drill holes in it!
A quick email to KennyDs Boltons and there was a set of hooks and a Clevis mount delivered. About an hour later, first project done. Well nearly. When putting the hooks on I outsmarted myself and put the bolts UP from the bottom rather than down per instructions and prided myself on being able to see the nylon nuts if they ever loosened. One problem. Chain wouldn't fit in hook with nut and end of bolt sticking up to far. Easy fix with an impact to flip them over.
Sooo... Also first "******" to go with first project. In retrospect, I may move the Clevis to the outside rear of the bucket. (Or get another one from Kenny and sandwich them back to back.

What I did, because I didn't want the tall nylon locknuts poking into the bucket where they would snag firewood, was to get shorter bolts and mount them pointing up, and I ditched the tall nylon locknuts and used regular nuts with Locktite. That way you can slide a chain into the hooks without interference.

/ Kubota L3301HST/LA525 modifications #19  
One thing to do, if you haven't already, is to widen your rear tires. No parts needed, just a floor jack, a couple of jack stands, and ideally a buddy.

You'll notice in your owners manual that you need weight on the three point hitch for loader work. I'm guessing here, but somewhere around 800-1000 lbs should be what you want for your 3301. This will help keep the rear tires on the ground and keep you safer. Widening the rear tire spacing coupled with this ballast will help keep your tractor upright, which is of the utmost importance.

I have to keep mine at a set width for vegetable production, about 53" from center to center of the tread on my 13.6-28s. However, during the winter, I can widen them up. I just did that this week and went from 53" to 64". The stability increase is incredible. Unless you need them close in for some reason, move them all the way out. You probably have to swap them side to side to do it, but it'd worth it. Just be careful, they're heavy!

/ Kubota L3301HST/LA525 modifications
Thanks on the info about the wheel spacing. That back hill showing in one of the photos is an honest 30 degree slope. I've had trouble mowing it with a rider and ZTR with wife actually managing to turn the rider over on it once. I had asked the dealer to move the tires out before delivery but they only moved them to the normal centered position. I've been debating moving them but hesitating knowing that wheels are weighted and I work alone.

I did a quick test to see where the realistic limits were with the current setup.
I parked the tractor ROPS up on the side hill sideways on the steepest part that always has scared us with the bucket hovering over the ground. I then got off (if anyone does this, please don't be a d****ss like me and park where you get off on the downhill side. We had a moment there.)
I then gently pushed on the ROPS on the uphill side and watched the tire lift easily off the ground with just a little force. So it was close to the balance point.
Then, I took my IPhone, set it on angle finder mode and laid it flat on the transmission floorboard. It read 30 degrees. So now I plan to build up any of the yard I have to be on to less than 30 degrees. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452257571.324900.jpg