Benefits to lights on your tractor.....

/ Benefits to lights on your tractor..... #11  
TR,
What size tractors are looking at making canopies for? A lot of the smaller CUT sizes don't have any work lights to the rear. These would be a nice feature along with forward facing head lights. Biggest problem with canopy mounted lights is protection from tree branches. Would you canopy have a lip where the lights could be mounted in this lip for a little protection like in the front of some cabs.

/ Benefits to lights on your tractor.....
TR,
What size tractors are looking at making canopies for? A lot of the smaller CUT sizes don't have any work lights to the rear. These would be a nice feature along with forward facing head lights. Biggest problem with canopy mounted lights is protection from tree branches. Would you canopy have a lip where the lights could be mounted in this lip for a little protection like in the front of some cabs.

We currently have a long list of tractors that our canopies cover. We were just talking about rear lights as well because a lot of times you might be looking behind you. We haven't changed the design of the canopy but if a lip would be needed for a light then it is something we would consider.

/ Benefits to lights on your tractor..... #13  
Are these canopies manufactured from fiberglass? Plastic? are they injection molded? there is so many things you could do with these, not only front and rear facing lights, but also options for lighting out the sides as well. Perhaps some overhead storage spaces as well, and maybe a plated area or a slot to install a radio. I have seen some available canopies that have a large overhead fan installed, which in my mind is genius as with a downward breeze keeping dust, and bugs as well as cooling. One thing I would be sure of doing, would be to supply a good weatherproof wiring harness, with at least one or two extra circuits for optional additions down the line like radio, aux fan etc.
Make sure you supply American / Canadian / Mexican built lights, rigid etc. Surprisingly, people will pay a premium for made at home things
Keep it on the continent!!

Cheers

Roger

/ Benefits to lights on your tractor..... #14  
Why don't you send one of those lighted canopies to me and I will test it and report back to you.

/ Benefits to lights on your tractor..... #15  
Purely a snow removal thing for me. I have front and rear floods on the roof of my soft cab. I take it off in the summer and never miss the lights. Couldn't live without them in the winter.

/ Benefits to lights on your tractor..... #16  
Just to reinforce a previous statement: For me, lights are as much about BEING seen as being able to see.

Also think the "dome light" idea is a great one. I was a bit surprised to find that the cab on my Kubota didn't have one, darn thing has everything else!

Come to think of it tho, it shouldn't be hard to add one. Hmmmmmmmm....:rolleyes:

/ Benefits to lights on your tractor..... #17  
Warning lights might be a good option as well for anyone running on the road. I mounted six Amber LED's inside my cab ,two front,two rear and one on each side.

/ Benefits to lights on your tractor..... #18  
Are these canopies manufactured from fiberglass? Plastic? are they injection molded? there is so many things you could do with these, not only front and rear facing lights, but also options for lighting out the sides as well. Perhaps some overhead storage spaces as well, and maybe a plated area or a slot to install a radio. I have seen some available canopies that have a large overhead fan installed, which in my mind is genius as with a downward breeze keeping dust, and bugs as well as cooling. One thing I would be sure of doing, would be to supply a good weatherproof wiring harness, with at least one or two extra circuits for optional additions down the line like radio, aux fan etc.
Make sure you supply American / Canadian / Mexican built lights, rigid etc. Surprisingly, people will pay a premium for made at home things
Keep it on the continent!!

Cheers

Roger

I think this may be the best idea yet. Not only have light options front and rear, but also accessory mounting/power options would be a HUGE plus.

/ Benefits to lights on your tractor..... #19  
With LED lights so inexpensive and easy to install nowadays, whatever you offer, it will have to be compelling versus DIY light installs. If you do a search here, there are zillions of light install threads. Very popular upgrade.

/ Benefits to lights on your tractor..... #20  
With LED lights so inexpensive and easy to install nowadays, whatever you offer, it will have to be compelling versus DIY light installs. If you do a search here, there are zillions of light install threads. Very popular upgrade.

Good point. Many buyers may not opt for lights if it's a $300 add. I use my lights year round. Some side lighting is nice . I've done mowing way after dark frequently. I also added a dome light with an integral switch. No pic but it is about 2-1/2" x 4" x 2" deep and has a filament type lamp. It is mounted to the wall of the cab above the door with the rocker switch facing down. Here's a shot of the tractor to give you an idea of the area that is lit. I guess the camera decided the exposure was sufficient and quit a little early because it looks brighter in real life.

Attachments

• IMG_1182.jpg
    IMG_1182.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 350