Benefits to lights on your tractor.....

/ Benefits to lights on your tractor..... #1  

TRichards

Tractor
John Deere Lawnmower
I am doing some research to see what the benefits of lights being mounted on to a tractor canopy would be. I work for The Perry Company and we make canopies that fit a wide range of tractors.

When I joined this forum to get information I notice that some people have added the lights themselves. We are considering lights to be a new option for our canopies, but first we want to find out the benefits. Any ideas or opinions would be appreciated.
AAAAAAAAAAAAND GO!

/ Benefits to lights on your tractor..... #2  
Uhhhh, not to be a smart-@$$, but I think the benefit is... that you can see things when it's dark out. Maybe I'm missing something here.

/ Benefits to lights on your tractor..... #3  
Do a search on LED lights, especially light bars and look at this thread. I am going to copy his light bar installation on my ROPS. (Page one) the mounting brackets are unique.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...g-operating/349196-2015-gc-1720-led-dash.html

On edit though I have yet to see anyone have a general lighting option of the canopy's like a dome light in cars. But front or rear aux lighting, especially built in with glare shielding to the driver might be a benefit.

/ Benefits to lights on your tractor..... #4  
I think the number one reason to mount the LED lamps up high on the rops or canopy is so that they can effectively light the way ahead. With a loader on a tractor and the OEM light put on the front of the hood as most of them are, the OEM lights become almost totally ineffective in lighting the way. A lot of the light hits the back of the loader bucket.

/ Benefits to lights on your tractor..... #5  
I think the number one reason to mount the LED lamps up high on the rops or canopy is so that they can effectively light the way ahead. With a loader on a tractor and the OEM light put on the front of the hood as most of them are, the OEM lights become almost totally ineffective in lighting the way. A lot of the light hits the back of the loader bucket.

agree, loader blocks lights, need the higher lights to see

/ Benefits to lights on your tractor..... #6  
Benefits: Safety - Both to be seen when working along a road or driveway, and also to see better. Comfort - When you can see what you are doing, it is much more enjoyable and less stressful.
Lighting options have exploded in the past year or so, with so many variations of LED lights now available. While integrated lights would be nice and streamlined, you might also consider better lighting mount areas. That would give buyers the ability to easily attach the latest technology, in flood, spot, etc, and in any price range, but do it more easily.

/ Benefits to lights on your tractor..... #7  
On edit though I have yet to see anyone have a general lighting option of the canopy's like a dome light in cars. But front or rear aux lighting, especially built in with glare shielding to the driver might be a benefit.
I second the idea of a dome light under the canopy but make it bright unlike the barely there ones in cars. A front and rear light bar would be a good option as long as you put on a good one and not some cheap Chinese made one (good Chinese might be OK.)

/ Benefits to lights on your tractor..... #8  
By the way, this wouldn't be something I would buy because all my tractors have good cab or canopy lights. I have no idea how well they would light up at night though because in the last 5 years I haven't did any work at night and don't plan too either. We don't have to do snow clearing work here which is what most folks need the night lights for.

P.S.: I did turn them on once to see which switch did the trick right after I bought each tractor.:laughing:

/ Benefits to lights on your tractor.....
Uhhhh, not to be a smart-@$$, but I think the benefit is... that you can see things when it's dark out. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Not trying or greatly succeeding? lol I can appreciate the sarcasm.

Obviously its for being able to see at night. Would it benefit you because you do more work in the dark? Are there certain attachments that block the tractors headlights, like a front end loader?? Would you be more interested in purchasing a canopy if it had LED lights on it? I can understand how the question was very open ended.

/ Benefits to lights on your tractor.....

We have had a lot of feedback on this being an issue, which would be where we go in and figure out a better lighting option.