$30 Canopy

/ $30 Canopy #1  

mrutkaus

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30HST, Kubota BX-1500,
Made from preservative wood 2x2" and 2x4s, power wood screws, a couple 1/4" bolts and the hardest to find, about 3" x 6" "square U bolts". And a piece of steel roofing I had around.

Everything is screwed together and glued as much as possible. Right now the roof panel is just glued on with Loctite polyurethane construction adhesive. I've had trouble with banging up roofs/canopies in the brush and woods.

The roof flat steel has a slight angle cut into it with the point in the center, to allow brush to slide off and around as much as is possible. This is repeated in the back. Also, the roof as a whole is slanted slightly down for the same reason to allow brush to slide over as much as possible.

It is very rigid, I tried to make it as light as possible.

It does increase the noise level in the seat, I'll add something to the inside roof to try to reduce that. Kubota Canopy raw.jpegkubota Canopy 1.jpgKubota Canopy 2.jpgKubota Canopy 3.jpg

/ $30 Canopy #3  
I threw something like that together about 2 years ago. I have to admit, yours looks alot better.

/ $30 Canopy #4  
If your BX has the same hydro whine as mine I'll bet that between the hard surface echo just above your head and the straight attachment to the ROPS (= giant tuning fork), you'll be engineering some baffles quickly! Hey man, it might not be OEM but it's nicely done for a personal project. If you decide down the line you don't like it all you've lost is $30 and some time. Well, maybe a little dignity too if your wife is like mine. :)

/ $30 Canopy #6  
I want one!!!
Where'd you get the flat steel. Was it part of a 4x8 sheet?