Live counterweight for hillside mowing

/ Live counterweight for hillside mowing #1  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
The camera operator had to exaggerate a bit, but still interesting the angles they operated on.

Bruce

/ Live counterweight for hillside mowing #2  
I love it. When the music started, I thought it was "Bad Moon Rising" by CCR. My suggestion is that the US version have this sound track.

Reminds me of when I used to pull a drag down out driveway with my JD 770. My Dad stood on it for weight, holding onto a rope like a water skier. He called it surfing the information highway. That's as close to the internet as he ever got. He did look like he had been shaked and baked, covered in dust. These guys probably have smart phones!

Last edited:
   / Live counterweight for hillside mowing #4  
Got me chair dancing. :cool2:

/ Live counterweight for hillside mowing #5  
Don't fall forward.

I use to have my wife and kids stand on the back blade to get some down pressure when grading the drive. Later one of my kids drove and I stood on it ...more weight.

/ Live counterweight for hillside mowing #6  
Seems like some wheel weights would get them where they need to be without the added labor?

That didn't look steep. Guys on here mow stuff that'd make my butt pucker, and that video didn't invoke that response.

/ Live counterweight for hillside mowing #7  
OSHA approved?

/ Live counterweight for hillside mowing #8  
Lots of photo exaggeration in that clip. In most of it, the angle doesn't appear to be excessively steep to require a counterweight while at 2:39 into the film, there is no way any tractor could maintain a grip on a slope of that proportion.

/ Live counterweight for hillside mowing #9  
Lots of photo exaggeration in that clip. In most of it, the angle doesn't appear to be excessively steep to require a counterweight while at 2:39 into the film, there is no way any tractor could maintain a grip on a slope of that proportion.

I sure tend to agree with you Gary. BUT - the guy on the side is way up in the air. There are some spots that we can see the tractor sliding down sideways. I've seen the highway mowers running slopes pretty steep - but with Low Center of Gravity built tractors. Nothing though compared to what this video wants us to believe.

I don't see anything in the film to indicate that it's a bogey. But "I" wouldn't want to be on that tractor.

/ Live counterweight for hillside mowing #10  
I have no doubt the video is real. What's needed though is an angle finder on the camera.......