More weldable hooks

/ More weldable hooks #1  

Richard

Elite Member
Tractor
International 1066 Full sized JCB Loader/Backhoe and a John Deere 430 to mow with
This comes up every now & then and seems to me, been a while, so we're about due for someone to ask /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I'm searching internet for U.S. made ratcheting load binders and stumbled across THIS so thought I'd post it here in event someone is looking for weldable grab hooks.

(I've never bought anything from these folks, just showing another source)

/ More weldable hooks #2  
Great chain site - thanks. What size and length of chain do most people here find useful for tractor use?

Bill

/ More weldable hooks
I'd expect you'd hear as many different variations, as there are people posting /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Myself, I have a 20 (or possibly 25?) foot section of Pewag's square link grade 100 chain for slinging logs around and yanking 4wd drive trucks out of a particular mud puddle near our house /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif (Mr. Chalkley gets the credit for making that chain known, if memory serves me)

Might be over kill on the grade, but I'd rather pay a bit more $$ and be "positive" that nothing I can do to it will break it. I've had that happen before and the inconvienence of lost time to fix/replace it really got to me, cause I needed it "now".

Others that pull logs might also have smaller lengths to wrap around logs, then as the longer chain goes by log, they add THAT chain to the main chain.

I'm sure there's proper termonology for the above log stuff, I just dont know it /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ More weldable hooks #4  
Thanks for the link. It makes searching so much easier as I always add them to my tractor favorites folder for future reference /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ More weldable hooks #6  
Thanks Richard.
I was looking for these, too!
dwight /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ More weldable hooks #7  
Richard,
Those shorter lengths to wrap around the logs are 'chokers'. Just in case you were curious.