Off-road flag

/ Off-road flag #1  

JMER817

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4120
What a great idea for the flag mount on your off road vehicle. Easy on and off .

image-1962813138.jpg

/ Off-road flag #2  
That's awesome! I wish I had seen that years ago when I used to ride the sand dunes!!!👍

/ Off-road flag #3  
I might use that idea for the tongue of my trailer. It,s hard to hook up by yourself when you have to come in from an angle. Ed

/ Off-road flag #4  
I can see all kinds of potential for that nifty idea. Thanks for posting.

gg

/ Off-road flag #5  
I used that nifty idea many years ago on a work light. The other half of the coupler is screwed on a pipe, on a stand to hold the light up off of the ground.

P7050001.JPG

P7050003.JPG

P7050005.JPG

/ Off-road flag #6  
Great idea! I recently switch QD sizes so have lots of old ones. Going to fasten one to a microwave magnet to hold an fiberglass electric fence wand to my trailer tongue.

/ Off-road flag #7  
JMER817--Wow what a great idea and opening to all sorts of uses.

Xfaxman--that is pretty clever and an idea I can use.

/ Off-road flag #8  
I think it is a great idea, but I do have one suggestion.
You show the quick coupler mounted on your vehicle facing up. You might want to keep it covered when you are not using it to keep the dirt and moisture out.

/ Off-road flag #9  
I think it is a great idea, but I do have one suggestion.
You show the quick coupler mounted on your vehicle facing up. You might want to keep it covered when you are not using it to keep the dirt and moisture out.

Or, swap the male and female ends. I've done this for years with a small fiberglass indicator rod, male is fixed, female mounted on the rod. A threaded nipple in the male end with a galvanized NPT cap to tighten it on the angle iron support keeps it in place. Drill a 1/4" hole in the cap for dirt and dust drain. A plumbing compression sleeve fits the bigbox store fiberglass driveway marking rods, and holds the rod securely. I'm not where I can take a picture of the assembly, but if anyone is interested I could get a couple this evening.

/ Off-road flag #10  
Or, swap the male and female ends. I've done this for years with a small fiberglass indicator rod, male is fixed, female mounted on the rod. A threaded nipple in the male end with a galvanized NPT cap to tighten it on the angle iron support keeps it in place. Drill a 1/4" hole in the cap for dirt and dust drain. A plumbing compression sleeve fits the bigbox store fiberglass driveway marking rods, and holds the rod securely. I'm not where I can take a picture of the assembly, but if anyone is interested I could get a couple this evening.

If not a big problem, a picture would be helpful.