B7300 Temperature Gauge

/ B7300 Temperature Gauge #1  

skent

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7300
Some of the early models of the B7300 didnt have a Engine Temperature Gauge. They use a "steam whistle" type of alarm. Only problem is the cooling system need to be air-tight (so escaping steam goes through the Whistle). This wouldn't be the case with a ruptured hose.
I played around with the idea of adding a temp limit switch (like thats inside a coffee maker) and wire it to a warning light(less than $20) , or even adding an aftermarket temp gauge below the instrument panel (less than $40).
But the temptation was offset by the age of the tractor (less than 200 Hrs) and not wanting or ruin the "lines" of the Instrument cluster.
TractorByNet.com to the rescue. I posted a message several days ago and got replys on the "B7300 updrade Cluster". I'm guessing the temperature issue got to Kubota and they put together a drop-in replacement cluster for less than $200.
At first I thought that was a tad too much $$$, but when you realize the value of the tractor, the cost of a replacement engine, and lowering the resale value by adding "boogered-up" devices, It was a cheep price to pay.
I ordered the kit, got it in 3 days, took 15 minutes to install the sender (plug in the back of the Cyl head comes out - sensor goes in) and snap in the new cluster w/Kubota OEM Temp Gauge!

My Uncle (Rest his soul) always told me "Don't buy chicken S--- , if you expect it to taste like chicken salad" .

Great Site- Great People Thanks.