MX5100. Got my stuff ordered for hydraulics

/ MX5100. Got my stuff ordered for hydraulics #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
After beating my head against the wall for the past week, trying to decide how to do the hydraulics. Stackable valve? monoblock, single valve + selectors, etc etc, I have finally ordered parts this morning.

There is literally a ton of different ways to skin this cat, so my decisions was based on a balance between cost and functionality.

I ordered a 3-spool valve, with first lever having float. I was wanting all of them to have float....but then I'm into a sectional valve and cost goes up quick. And only two reasons I can think to float in the back is TNT. And even then.....not both at the same time. So I can always swap hoses.

Along with this valve, I also got a 3x12 and a 3x6 cylinder to build a toplink out if, as well as a 12v selector/diverter valve for the FEL. I figure while I am at it, installing the 3 rear remotes, I mught as well set the front up for a grapple while I am at it.

Selector/diverter, two cylinders, and 3-spool valve + PB plug......................$618.51 delivered.

8 coupling pairs w/2-way sleeves, + 8 caps and plugs.................................$205.67 delivered.

1 cat II and two cat I ball eyes for TNT build......................................................$21.72 delivered.

Still need to decide what I am gonna do for a button for the diverter. Seen some nice homemade ones here, looking into shift-knobs with buttons as well. But really waiting for suregrip to open so I can call them and get some pricing.

So, I am up to $845.90 and will have everything needed except the hoses, fittings. I'll probably have about $200 in all that, IF I had to buy everything. I already have a shelf full of fittings and adapters and hose ends. But I'll wait til I get stuff mounted and measured then start planning hose routing/lengths, etc.

So $845, + hoses and fittings + figure out what I am gonna do about a button/joystick.........looks like I can take this tractor from ZERO accessory hydraulics, to triple remotes, with TNT, and front diverter and keep it under $1200:thumbsup:

/ MX5100. Got my stuff ordered for hydraulics #2  
Where did you buy? Do you have part numbers? I'm considering doing the same on my b2601.

/ MX5100. Got my stuff ordered for hydraulics
baileynet.com for the cylinders and valves
Agrisupply.com for the ball ends
hydraulicstore.com for the couplers

/ MX5100. Got my stuff ordered for hydraulics #4  
Thank you. I'll be following your project.

Thank you. I'll be following your project.

As soon as the stuff shows up, I'll be getting started on it. So hopefully next week?

/ MX5100. Got my stuff ordered for hydraulics #6  
Great project but after all is said and done you'll wish you just bought from the wholegoods book and spent the extra coin. You'll have so many hours in that by the time you are done you won't have saved much.

Good luck though I'm sure it will come out nice, Fred

Great project but after all is said and done you'll wish you just bought from the wholegoods book and spent the extra coin. You'll have so many hours in that by the time you are done you won't have saved much.

Good luck though I'm sure it will come out nice, Fred

I don't understand? Kubota oem remotes would cost me over 2k just for parts for a triple.

I'm saving over $800 and getting a front diverter, and TNT. Alot more for alot less.

So don't see how you say I won't have saved much?

And it's not gonna take much time to install. I am very familiar with hydraulic, machining, and fab work. This is what I do for a living. Be kinda silly if I didn't apply my skills to my own stuff

/ MX5100. Got my stuff ordered for hydraulics #8  
I jumped the gun and didn't see the front and TNT.

Sorry, Fred

I jumped the gun and didn't see the front and TNT.

Sorry, Fred

No worries.

If I could get OEM setup for close to aftermarket price, I wouldnt go to all the trouble to re-invent the wheel. But OEM stuff isnt even in the same ballpark. Its somewhere around $600-800 per set of rears. ~$350 per valve, and about the same for the handle kit + coupler bank and hoses.

/ MX5100. Got my stuff ordered for hydraulics #10  
I looked at kubota prices for mine. IIRC it was ~$600 for the 1st and ~$500 for each additional.

Last edited: